Sign in to follow this  

Switching to Beta 350

I have recently switched to a 2012 Beta 350 rr. my old bike was a KX 450 I am extremely pleased with the change I race in the A class for a hair scramble series in the southwest lots of tight technical single track along with some desert trail. I have found that the 450 would often tire me out so i started looking at 350s I chose a beta because of the great reviews and opinion. Plus I just couldn't go KTM, I get they are great bikes some have trouble some don't but man everybody and their mother is going to KTM. I am stoked beta to go Beta. So far two rides down and the Difference is amazing as it feels very much like a 250f. amazing power out of that motor! power band good from bottom and screams up top. Excellent motor and chassises fits me great (6'0" 190lbs). It has tons of goodies, thanks guy who sold it, I am hoping for some great results! If you are thinking about the switch, I say go for it you will be pleased!ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379888225.547157.jpg

• Like 3

I have recently switched to a 2012 Beta 350 rr. my old bike was a KX 450 I am extremely pleased with the change I race in the A class for a hair scramble series in the southwest lots of tight technical single track along with some desert trail. I have found that the 450 would often tire me out so i started looking at 350s I chose a beta because of the great reviews and opinion. Plus I just couldn't go KTM, I get they are great bikes some have trouble some don't but man everybody and their mother is going to KTM. I am stoked beta to go Beta. So far two rides down and the Difference is amazing as it feels very much like a 250f. amazing power out of that motor! power band good from bottom and screams up top. Excellent motor and chassises fits me great (6'0" 190lbs). It has tons of goodies, thanks guy who sold it, I am hoping for some great results! If you are thinking about the switch, I say go for it you will be pleased!attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379888225.547157.jpg

I saw that bike for sale and I was thinking of what an awesome buy it was. Congratulations!!! Have fun!! and good luck racing!!! That is one cherry bike!!! It has everything on it!..and I always like the red.

I have had the bike a week now and continue to love the thing! I put a message in to Stillway racing to see about stiffening the front end up a little bit! I am headed to the WEBE/RMEC double header this weekend in Espanola, NM. I will give a full and comprehensive report post race!

"Keep it pinned until you see God then brake from there!"

• Like 1

I have had the bike a week now and continue to love the thing! I put a message in to Stillway racing to see about stiffening the front end up a little bit! I am headed to the WEBE/RMEC double header this weekend in Espanola, NM. I will give a full and comprehensive report post race!

"Keep it pinned until you see God then brake from there!"

I don't know if you have a gopro but would love to see you and your Beta in action!!! I'll be looking!!! I want to add it to the Beta playlists..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyH7NwuhiU&list=PLZUD9Qo1RWjkFrlwLEvJ536N7kXfqKwaC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ZHnD42eps&list=PLD85DA1A7983095D5

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

GoPro action at the RMEC/WEBE Espanola NM event!

Post race report: well after the RMEC/Webe Racing two day event I'm extremely happy with the bike I found it to be very nimble and agile, easy to maneuver and really fun to ride. I absolutely love the power of the 350 pulls truly like a 450 without that turbo boost on the bottom that wears me out during two hour racing. The more time I get on the bike the more comfortable I feel. I'm definitely sending the suspension to Stillwell racing to get it tailored for me and my needs (6'0 ,190 lbs). It's a blast to have the front wheel so easy to lift and maneuver and I get through obstacles it has really great feel to the front and really enjoyed it. So after five laps of the start restart enduro I took fifth I feel good about that and only had one detour that I lost probably 45 seconds but really would not have made a difference in the end result. Day two, the two hour webe race, I had a mid pack start not great maybe a fifth-place start and the guy in front of me he and I were able to charge through the pack by the end of lap two. I felt good and had a strong pace and made several attempts to pass the guy ( who eventually won) but we charged through and on the start lap three I started making some mistakes a few guys passed me and then I passed them back then made a real bad decision trying to pass second place and got bumped off of a steep ridge and tweaked my knee, I had to traverse across the ridge to get back up to the trail could not go down it turn into some pretty bad canyons. It was a bad move and ended up hurting my knee a little bit. I headed back to the pit, lost several mins ultimately just made a decision to call it a day. That was the races good times now we are in the off season! On another note I was able to ride a 11' kx250f (my father-in-law's) and at that point noticed that the 350 is bigger than the 250 in most ways but not much. 250s are fun to ride but your shifting gears and run out of motor quick compared to the wide power range the Beta 350 has. I really look forward to the off-season to really perfect my set up and riding style. I think I have quite a bit to improve on and look forward to next year hope to be real competitive on the Beta 350rr!

• Like 2