I have a stock 2008 CRF50 and I've been battling with a common problem on these things - the pilot jet gets clogged up. You can tell because the bike will usually run OK but just won't idle at all, and it's impossible to adjust it out. I tried all the usual stuff, soaking the carb, compressed air, clean it with wire, spraying with a can of carb cleaner, etc. Even a trick I saw on this forum about heating it up with a lighter. Nothing would work - it seemed like whatever was in there was pretty solid - when I tried using wire, it just stopped cold when I tried to feed it through, just like it was hitting something solid. I was just about to order a replacement carb when I read a few posts about guys removing the pilot jet, even though it's pressed in. A few people warned that you may completely ruin the carb trying that, but I was already on the verge of replacing the stupid thing anyway, so I figured I'd give it a go. So, I lightly clamped a set of vise grips to the jet, and gave it a light tap, and I'll be damned if that thing didn't just pop out - easy as that. Here I'm just about to give the vise grips a light tap with the hammer (note the carb is just sitting on the vise, not clamped in): Here's the jet, just after it came out: After I got it out, I let it soak in carb cleaner for 30 minutes or so, then got after it with more cleaner, and a small piece of wire. I FINALLY started making some progress with the wire, then soaked it some more, then some compressed air, etc, etc. You've never seen a grown man so happy to see this: After I worked the wire in and out and was sure it was clean, I put it all back together by lightly tapping it back in: I put it all together and it runs like a champ - the kiddos rode it all afternoon. So, if you're working this same issue, I hope this is some help. The keys to making this work for me were removing the jet so I could really get to cleaning it, and also using the right kind of wire. Someone in a another thread suggested using a single strand from a brake wire - that's what did it for me. (I actually used a piece from a bicycle shift cable, which is about the same thing) I think all the other wire I tried (electrical wire, mostly) was either too big, or just not strong enough. Many thanks to the folks who've posted suggestions on this topic here on ThumperTalk - reading through all that was a big help.