Sign in to follow this  

What should I Buy!

HI,

I am 14 years old, 5'2", and about 105lbs. I have only ridden dirtbikes a few times, so I am a beginner. I will mostly be riding trails, but want to be able to do smaller jumps. I do not want something that I have to work on to often.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Oxinbox21

I think a Honda xr 200 would be a good start for your height. A kawasaki kx 100 would also have more power and would be more versatile for jumping and general riding.

Hey I'm a big guy and I'm used to riding quads and I want to get in to mx and was thinking the kx450f so I'm 6'3 and 323 but I'm dropping the weight

As a beginner I would look at the CRF or TTR 230 , 4 stroke . Easy to ride and maintain .

IMO they are over-weight and underpowered. BUT, they are good bikes, as is the XR200. A KX100 would do you fine, you'd learn a LOT about throttle and clutch control. Not so much on the 4ts..

Hey I'm a big guy and I'm used to riding quads and I want to get in to mx and was thinking the kx450f so I'm 6'3 and 323 but I'm dropping the weight

What kind of quads? 450 race quads? IMO you should go pre-2013 CRF/KXF 450. From what's been discussed in some threads, the air-forks are having some issues. (Only reason why I'm recommending pre-2013 bikes)

Yeah and I was thinking 09 and would the 450 be to much or could I get away with a 250

Are we talking a 250 2t or a 250 4t? 250 2t would be no problem. A 250 4t just simply doesn't have enough power for your larger frame. If you go with an 09' CRF450, buy a lowering link for the rear linkage. It has a "stinkbug" stance in its stock form. The lowering link makes a large difference in handling.

Back to the OP, get the CRF150F and ride it until you've rung the suspension and power out if it. Sell it for the same price, +10 in confidence, and find the sweet KX100.