Sign in to follow this  

Best grips?

I just put Spider brand grips on my bike..I like them, but I find that ANY brand name grip with similar technology (i.e. single, dual or tri density) are all about the same in the long run. Grips are relatively cheap, so you should be able to throw them out after a month or so if you don't like them for whatever reason.

Odi lock on half waffle....no glue or tie wire....bolt on and ride....comes with bar ends also....never twist,tears or turns on you....good longevity too

• Like 1

Rental dual density half waffle Kevlar grips are the absolute best grips I've ever used as far as my least favorite, I absolutely cannot stand pillow tops

I have protaper pillow tops on one bike and just ordered protaper pillow top lites for the other, I find them really comfortable and tacky. I actually read that a thicker grip helps with arm pump and read that "The thickness of the Pro Taper Pillow Top grip provides excellent vibration dampening which will aid in the resistance of arm pump and hand fatigue" but hey, I think a lot of it comes down to preference anyway, I like them personally and they're pretty cheap too.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/54/229/709/-/24465/Pro-Taper-Pillow-Top-MX-Lite-Grips

Should probably invest in a bottle of grip glue too for like $5 to keep them from sliding its really convenient. Or I've seen people spray them on the inside with hairspray before application seems to work okay too.

• Like 1

I'm currently using Pro Taper Ricky Carmichael half waffles.  The waffles have a little extra meat on them and they also have a tie-wire groove on the outside end if you choose to use them.  I used pro taper grip glue so they're stuck like cement and I can tell they're not going to come off easy down the road.  Anyways, check out the RC half waffles, they come in a darker than normal grey which i think looks good.

I have protaper pillow tops on one bike and just ordered protaper pillow top lites for the other, I find them really comfortable and tacky. I actually read that a thicker grip helps with arm pump and read that "The thickness of the Pro Taper Pillow Top grip provides excellent vibration dampening which will aid in the resistance of arm pump and hand fatigue" but hey, I think a lot of it comes down to preference anyway, I like them personally and they're pretty cheap too.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/54/229/709/-/24465/Pro-Taper-Pillow-Top-MX-Lite-Grips

Should probably invest in a bottle of grip glue too for like $5 to keep them from sliding its really convenient. Or I've seen people spray them on the inside with hairspray before application seems to work okay too.

anyone who doesn't use grip glue is apparently a few tools short of a set anyways :)

I put a set of Scott sx2 on at beginning of the year. So far they have been bulletproof, I will be buying them again

Spot on!! :thumbsup: .

I used slim grips for years, used to cut waffles off before the Scott Slims came out in the late 80's etc. A mate had a set off the Tag rebound grips, I grabbed one and told him, no way I could use those, Too fat. He mentioned the arm pump thing. Decided to give them a go and haven't looked back.

both the TAG and the Pro-Taper ones are good. 'Torque" do them as well. Give them a go, you won't regret it. (Let us know if you think they help with arm pump if you do get a set)