Sign in to follow this  

Rode for the first time in two years

I just got back on the track today and it felt like i just rode yesterday...the only bad part was that I'm in horrible shape. I can already tell I'm going to be so sore...it's just crazy how you don't really lose your riding skill... I was hitting doubles that i use to hit and still felt totally in control of my bike in the air. Man i missed it

• Like 3

I just got back on the track today and it felt like i just rode yesterday...the only bad part was that I'm in horrible shape. I can already tell I'm going to be so sore...it's just crazy how you don't really lose your riding skill... I was hitting doubles that i use to hit and still felt totally in control of my bike in the air. Man i missed it

ha!  Riding is awesome.   I had not really ridden in about 2 years as well.    Got back on last November, and was still putting down laps equivallent to someone I rode with who was 18.   You lose some of the finer things (perhaps slightly more ragged, not QUITE able to handle off hits and things) but for hte most part, it is nice to be able to almost come back and pick it up almost exactly where you left off!

I have been missing riding as well.  I have basically missed the last two seasons.   I am hoping to get cleared back to ride and do other sports here at the end of October.  Must be nice to get back on the bike.  :)

The Bug