Dual sporting a dirt bike in Colorado

At the moment, it is easy to title a dirt bike in Colorado.  Does anyone know if there has been discussion about changing the law to make it more difficult, i.e., requiring turn signals, high/low dimmer, etc?  If there is nothing in the works, I'll wait until next Spring, otherwise I'll get to it.

At the moment, it is easy to title a dirt bike in Colorado.  Does anyone know if there has been discussion about changing the law to make it more difficult, i.e., requiring turn signals, high/low dimmer, etc?  If there is nothing in the works, I'll wait until next Spring, otherwise I'll get to it.

I have not heard of anything but I would plate it now since they will NOT be able to grandfather in the changes to already plated machines. It is easy here in New MExico as well and there is no talk of it becoming illegal in the future. Most states (except for cali of course!) are smart enough to realize that is is better and more revenue to allow plated dirt bikes instead of shooting themselves in the foot and disallowing it therefore taking millions out of the pot by not allowing people to plate them. I heard California lost over 100 million in revenue when they stopped allowing plates on dirt bikes the first year......stupid.

Edited by KevinsXR

Ask in the dual sport or Colorado forums. There is a checklist for plating bikes. Baja Designs .com was a good resource too. The process only gets harder and sometimes it's the new Federal regulations that cause problems. If you can afford it, I wouldn't wait for the new las to kick in.