2007 kx 450 seized motor question( but its not )

k so my buddy was riding the other day and as he was crusing along on his 07 kx 450 out of no where the motor stahls and causes him to skid to a stop. he tried to kick it over but it wouldnt budge. well end of story seized motor right he was not a happy camper. this past weekend we pulled the motor out of the bike and proceded to tear into it and figure out what we were dealing with. first thing I did was pull the flywheel cover off and put a socket on the flywheel nut and try to turn the motor over. well guess what it did and it felt great good compression. so I went a head and check the valve clearences the exhaust side looked great. the intake side was tight and out of tolerance but not anymore then normal wear would suggest. but I told him the motor is on the table we just as well rebuild the topend it is a 2007 and it hasnt ever been done before. so for peace of mind and a fresh top end we are going to go ahead on do it. but that is not my question. my question is that even though the motor turns over. when I try to use the kickstater it is still completely seized. I pulled the case cover off the kickstarter side and could not see any obvious damage or anything broken at that. so what the heck is going on lol hopefully someone can help me out with this and thank you in advance I greatly appreciate it.

Edited by tatted_case

SEIZED. How old are you?

SEIZED. How old are you?

not on here for an english lesson buddy thanks though :thumbsup:

Let me make myself clear: if you want help, we will be more than happy to help, but we must be able to understand you.

Turn the crank from stator side while watching the kicker side of motor & see if anything turns on that side. Maybe something is locked up on kicker side

could be something blown out on the clutch side locking up the gears.  Engine might be fine.  No way of knowing without tearing into it though.  Pull off the clutch cover to inspect.

peopel need to learn to frickin read. HE DID PULL THE COVER!

I would personally turn the motor over from the stator side, wile watching the clutch side to make sure everything spins. if it does, then i would start to take apart the kicker assembly. inspect all the gears, and bushings. their may be a worn out bushing that is making it so the gear goes off a bit and does not want to turn.

Also, JW...its clear his post was easy enough to understand as you knew exactly what he meant. So pound sand.

thank you I will give that a shot and see what I can see. like I said I turned the motor over from the stator side but I didnt after I pulled the cover off the kick side so I will give that a shot and see if I can see anything obvious if not I guess I will start to tear apart and inspect the kicker assembly

peopel need to learn to frickin read. HE DID PULL THE COVER!

I would personally turn the motor over from the stator side, wile watching the clutch side to make sure everything spins. if it does, then i would start to take apart the kicker assembly. inspect all the gears, and bushings. their may be a worn out bushing that is making it so the gear goes off a bit and does not want to turn.

Also, JW...its clear his post was easy enough to understand as you knew exactly what he meant. So pound sand.