hard starting 05 cr250f

hello I have a 2005 cr250f that I have been haveing starting issues with now for a while. I have re shimmed it three times in 6 months and each time it last three to four rides before it is impossible to start. not sure what to think maybe just time for a top end rebuild could use some suggestions though thanks.

hello I have a 2005 cr250f that I have been haveing starting issues with now for a while. I have re shimmed it three times in 6 months and each time it last three to four rides before it is impossible to start. not sure what to think maybe just time for a top end rebuild could use some suggestions though thanks.

VAlves. Once you adjust the valves it only last a few rides and its hard to start again.. Go get some steel ones. I find that holding the throttle about 1/8 open while kicking helps.. Another reason 4 strokes are such a pain in the ass..

Yup, time for a valve job.....www.fastheads.com (aka racers er) 599.00 should get you a bolt on bullet proof bolt on and ride head....check out their website....they gotta cure for the crf blues

Yup, time for a valve job.....www.fastheads.com (aka racers er) 599.00 should get you a bolt on bullet proof bolt on and ride head....check out their website....they gotta cure for the crf blues

+1

I had a 04 crf250 that had the same problem , sent it to fast heads and had SS valves put in and it ran amazing with zero problems.

thanks guys I will for sure just get that taken care of then. Its good to know that is a warning sign that its time for new valves. I always assumed that the valves needed to be done when they get too tight to adj. as in they dont make any smaller shims