Sign in to follow this  

Slowly getting my pre-winter maintenance done...

First off was to wash her to within an inch of her life, I put her away dirty the weekend before (sin!).

Proper wash - seat, tank, skid pan & side panels off.

DSCF2891_zps3ad4a4bf.jpg

Then it was cam cover off to check the valves..., followed by removing the carb to give it clean up, check the float height and adjust the fuel screw...

Carb back on so time to see if the grease in the headset has watered out yet.

DSCF2894_zpsf1a061a4.jpg

Keeping the front wheel still as the front end can be all over the place once you drop the forks.

DSCF2895_zps2b6c0b0d.jpg

Bearings and grease in pretty good shape - Morrison K99 grease used here.

DSCF2896_zps7ce92ebb.jpg

Looking a little like a stolen & recovered bike here.

DSCF2897_zps4d3b8504.jpg

Steering bearing now repacked the front ends back together.

Just need to do the rear swing arm strip down and re grease (remembering to lube the swing arm bolt), give the chain a clean & oil bath and then put new tyres on both wheels..., fresh oil & filter and then she'll be ready for the wet season again!

I like to get this lot out of the way before it gets wet & cold as that's prime riding weather - no dust and soft ground, plenty of tail end action!

Just thought I'd share what I was up to some of last weekend... :thumbsup:

Edited by DrzDick

First off was to wash her to within an inch of her life, I put her away dirty the weekend before (sin!).

Then it was cam cover off to check the valves..., followed by removing the carb to give it clean up, check the float height and adjust the fuel screw...

Keeping the front wheel still as the front end can be all over the place once you drop the forks.

Just need to do the rear swing arm strip down and re grease (remembering to lube the swing arm bolt), give the chain a clean & oil bath and then put new tyres on both wheels..., fresh oil & filter and then she'll be ready for the wet season again!

I like to get this lot out of the way before it gets wet & cold as that's prime riding weather - no dust and soft ground, plenty of tail end action!

haha. i just did the head bearings last week. theres a lot to take off just to look in there. but at least i know and i dont have to worry about it...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://youtu.be/rsLYMIwtTeI. Isnt that how you wash it?!

LOL ..you found the vid on my GF.!!!!!....Ha Ha 

To keep some balance to this thread..I am sweating in advance of the Aussie Queensland Summer, which is is practically here already....

suppose to hit 36 C here on Thursday (100 F)..and it's only the 1st month of Spring... :eek:

Got a couple of hours work done this afternoon.

Chain clean and bathed in oil.

Swing arm & cushion levers removed.

Swing arm cleaned/degreased, bearings flushed and repacked, swing arm back on bike.

Tomorrow will finish up rear suspension.