Some buying questions

So have the opportunity to buy a 2000 DRZ 400 Kickstart only of a friend of mine.  Good deal with some great parts already on it. (1K!)

I'm looking for a bike that I will sometimes cruise the road on and always ride to the trail when going out exploring.  I would have really wanted electric start but cant pass up the good deal if everything will work out, so I have a few Q's.

1. Will I be able to throw a vapor computer on it without getting anything else?  I'm not sure if it has a speedo or if these models even came with one.  Or what is a better speedo for this bike?

2.  What should I worry about with the kicker only model in terms of things i'm going to upgrade and address before I street it (I'm in NV and already know what I need to street legal it)

3.  How can I go about adding a key and a neutral light?

Sorry for the noob questions.  It's not my first bike but first dualsport.

1. Will I be able to throw a vapor computer on it without getting anything else?-------Yes.  But you may want to add a battery for other reasons.

I'm not sure if it has a speedo----No speedo, just a trip meter type resettable odometer.

Or what is a better speedo for this bike?-----Any of the TrailTech speedos or a GPS.

2.  What should I worry about with the kicker only model in terms of things i'm going to upgrade and address before I street it (I'm in NV and already know what I need to street legal it)-----? nothing.

3.  How can I go about adding a key and a neutral light?------Key is easy.  Neutral light, no.  You have 2 options for a key.  No battery, add a normally closed key switch to the kill wire.  Switch closed (locked) no run. Key on (switch open) runs.  (opposite of most key switches).  If you add a battery you can add a common key switch (Key locked switch open) to the battery wire and re-wire the CDI to run from the key switch.