Motoworks SR4 G2 exhaust system...any good?

Rockymountain has this Motoworks SR4 G2 exhaust system for a '09 450 on sale right now for $209. Reg MSRP is $519. I wish I knew how to copy the link for you to view.... Am wondering if anyone has any experience with this system and if it’s worth it??? Below is one of the reviews from RM -

“I have a 2012 CRF 450 R . The fit and finish of this pipe is as good or better than any other pipe I have seen. The Dyno chart that Motoworks sent me put base line HP at 47.72 @ aprox 8.2K rpm Torque at 31.50 with pipe 50.97 @ aprox. 9.5K rpm. Here is the deal , you could spend 500.00 more dollars to get aprox the same HP and Torque . If you want to be a name dropper go with the big names in MX pipes. Motoworks has a great rep in the AVT world. Also the the mid pipe and silencer is about .8 Lbs. lighter than stock.
It really woke the bike up. No I don't have any affiliation with Rocky moutian or Motoworks Buy it and laugh at your snob buddys as you roost by with money flying out of your pockets”

well i got my pipe today and got it mounted up and man what a breeze, for some reason the last couple aftermarket pipes ive had (one on this CRF and then one on an KXF) just didnt bolt right up, ive always had to trim somthing or modify something else but this pipe is spot one, took me 15 minutes and she was bolted up and runnin. im going to ride with it on tonight to see about noise but it seems the same as my ti yoshi now. it looks sick and doesnt stick out a mile. ill get some pictures and post them tonight, so far though Well worth the 209 bucks. as far as the mount on the muffler goes it is direct welded to the muffler as anyother type of mount

Edited by brap450

well i got my pipe today and got it mounted up and man what a breeze, for some reason the last couple aftermarket pipes ive had (one on this CRF and then one on an KXF) just didnt bolt right up, ive always had to trim somthing or modify something else but this pipe is spot one, took me 15 minutes and she was bolted up and runnin. im going to ride with it on tonight to see about noise but it seems the same as my ti yoshi now. it looks sick and doesnt stick out a mile. ill get some pictures and post them tonight, so far though Well worth the 209 bucks. as far as the mount on the muffler goes it is direct welded to the muffler as anyother type of mount

Brap,

Thank you for the feedback. I went ahead and ordered the pipe also. It should get to my house tonight. I am deployed (Army) so I will have a friend mount it and tell me about it. I figured, for $209 that I would take a chance....

Is it advisable to now get the bike re-mapped??? I keep seeing everyone getting an '09 re-mapped.

Ok here is the pics, and as far as remapping i have not gotten my 10 remapped but i would like to, my bike runs great right now as is but this winter during the down time im going to get it remapped for sure and mainly because im going to throw in a high comp piston and stage 2 cam.

2013-09-26_15-52-43_60_zpsee2a5443.jpg

2013-09-26_15-52-22_810_zpsf89eb371.jpg

2013-09-26_15-52-04_6_zps5efce92d.jpg

2013-09-26_15-51-52_522_zpsb55be15f.jpg

it seems to be about the same sound wise as my yoshimura was, i was riding a arenacross style track so as far as power was concerned i didnt notice any gain on the bottom but the mid range seemed a bit beefier. the only weird thing is there is a chirp from the muffler, almost like a bird chirping lol when it is running. closesly resembles a stock exhaust on a kawasaki other than that great looking and mounted up super easy

• Like 1