DeCal MX?

I'm thinking about getting a full graphics kit for my 2008 Yamaha WR250F from Decal MX, I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them?  If anyone has, is getting the graphic removal/application kit worth it?

I'm thinking about getting a full graphics kit for my 2008 Yamaha WR250F from Decal MX, I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them?  If anyone has, is getting the graphic removal/application kit worth it?

Well worth it IMO. Located right by me. High quality goods, you get what you pay for.  DeCal Works is the way to go.  You can do it without the kit but it just makes life easier so its probably worth the money.

Recently bought 2 sets of plastics with # backgrounds... Spent the extra money for the plastic so they would apply it for free... Figured it would save me headache of screwing it up and I'll always have extra now.... Ordered and received within 4-5 daysImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379967424.018609.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379967458.855928.jpg

I've used decal mx for all my bikes, worth the money and good quality product.

I've used decal mx for all my bikes, worth the money and good quality product.

Did you put the decals on yourself, or have them pre installed?

Did you put the decals on yourself, or have them pre installed?

I put 2 sets on myself, had no issues and went on very good, the third i had pre installed, i just wanted an extra set of plastics. All were full bike kits as well.

Been using them off and on for the last 10 years.  A++ quality and service.

No complaints from me... I have ordered a few full kits from them and they have all held up great! Excellent fit and finish and amazing customer service. 

Had well over 3 seasons on these graphics... 

199712_10151173831302559_957789767_n_zps

They held up great. Installed them myself and the installation kit has always come in handy! Worth the money unless you get graphics pre installed by them.

Edited by BDubb106

They have exellent stuff.   

My '04 450SX had their numbers.   I just sold it two months ago, and I had to struggle to tear the numbers off the side panels.   I got a new front plate (I always keep my front plates).    I had a bunch of holes or cracks in them from crashes and just wear, but there was no shredding or falling off.

The installation kit is NOT needed, but may help.

My personal way to install any graphics - name brand original blue Windex.

Light spray the decal, and light spray the plastic.    Place the decal, and use some sort of a hard object (a wooden spoon works well) and work out from the center.    When location is good, it still may not stick, due to the windex.   I then use a heat gun and heat the decal in one spot until it is ALMOST melting.    You can then continue to squeegee out from the center, and the hot decal will conform to ANY bend, and the heat also helps evaporate the windex.   
It can be a bit of an art.   Sometimes, I have ended up with a bubble, but if I cannot squeege it out with more heat, I can then slice it down the middle of the bubble, and heat it up again.  99.9% of the time it goes down with a light pressure and stays down.   

5 out of our 6 bikes have some form of Decal Works on them.  They have been very good overall.  I have found that the application kit has been well worth the money.  We have bought them with or without plastics and haven't had any issues so far with them fitting.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:   From us.  Also if you race any races and are interested I would recommend applying for there sponsorship program.  It was easy to do and it saves you some money. :rolleyes:

The Bug

Thanks for all the advice guys, sounds like they're a trustworthy brand!