Sign in to follow this  

Black fork guards

I thought someone mentioned something about black fork guards and where they got them, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the site . Thanks in advance .  John

Thanks  dkappelm  , looking into the cycra ones too  .  :ride:

John i just bought the cycra skid plate and it is well made solid piece :thumbsup: But mounting is a pain th the butt and coverage isn't that good either--wish now i had saved up for the moose :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Edited by USMCVietVet
  • Like 2

I love Honda, but HATE red. I sent all of my plastics (except the 2 side number plates) off to a company in Utah to get dipped. First though, I had to order the white front fender and white radiator shrouds from Thailand. They got here Monday and everything shipped to get dipped Tuesday. They said it'd be a 3-week turnaround to get everything back. Pretty cheap too. He quoted me "around $200" so we'll see what it ends up being. I figured that plastics are cheap, I could afford to roll the dice and if I hate it, I can just replace the plastics. I'm nervous though, it could come out cheesy or it could come out awesome. We'll see. As soon as I get them back, I'll post pics. Hopefully my forks will be done by then too.

• Like 5

John i just bought the cycra skid plate and it is well made solid piece :thumbsup: But mounting is a pain th the butt and coverage isn't that good either--wish now i had saved up for the moose :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Sorry you didn't care for the mounting and coverage , I was looking at that one also . Don't know now what to do about that  situation for my bike. Their fork guards aren't going to work for me either . :(

• Like 1

I love Honda, but HATE red. I sent all of my plastics (except the 2 side number plates) off to a company in Utah to get dipped. First though, I had to order the white front fender and white radiator shrouds from Thailand. They got here Monday and everything shipped to get dipped Tuesday. They said it'd be a 3-week turnaround to get everything back. Pretty cheap too. He quoted me "around $200" so we'll see what it ends up being. I figured that plastics are cheap, I could afford to roll the dice and if I hate it, I can just replace the plastics. I'm nervous though, it could come out cheesy or it could come out awesome. We'll see. As soon as I get them back, I'll post pics. Hopefully my forks will be done by then too.

Who did you order the white radiator shrouds from in Thailand?  :thinking:   If we order from Thailand, can't we order the black SM ones for the same price as white?

• Like 1

Who did you order the white radiator shrouds from in Thailand?  :thinking:   If we order from Thailand, can't we order the black SM ones for the same price as white?

I got the white plastic from a place called Bikerz Bits. They were easy to work with and were in constant communication with me. Some of the parts don't have pictures and Emmitt was awesome at emailing me promptly with answers to questions I had. For example, I also wanted shroud stickers that had little or no red in them. He set me up with the euro version or whatever and I probably emailed him 3-4 times double checking to make sure these were what I was hoping they were. I think the shipping was as much or more as the parts but hey, its coming from Thailand to California so I expected that.

I didn't see if they offered black, but here's a link to their the crf250L page. If you email them, I'd bet they'll get right back to you.

http://www.bikerzbits.com/honda/honda-crf-250l-spare-parts-accessories/

Really glad I found this forum.

• Like 5

I got the white plastic from a place called Bikerz Bits. They were easy to work with and were in constant communication with me. Some of the parts don't have pictures and Emmitt was awesome at emailing me promptly with answers to questions I had. For example, I also wanted shroud stickers that had little or no red in them. He set me up with the euro version or whatever and I probably emailed him 3-4 times double checking to make sure these were what I was hoping they were. I think the shipping was as much or more as the parts but hey, its coming from Thailand to California so I expected that.

I didn't see if they offered black, but here's a link to their the crf250L page. If you email them, I'd bet they'll get right back to you.

http://www.bikerzbits.com/honda/honda-crf-250l-spare-parts-accessories/

Really glad I found this forum.

I recently got a part from them as well, great customer service. 

• Like 1

Thanks jukin,   :thumbsup:  Cat ji provided that link awhile back, but I was wondering if you used a different site.   :ride:  I feel an order going out before the end of the weekend.  My 305 BB money is going to take longer to save.... :rolleyes:  They don't have the black SM stuff on the site yet.  Hopefully sooon.....

Edited by dkappelm
  • Like 4

They have a grey seat for a 250L--never saw one b/f--thanks for the link BTW

They come on the all white CRF250L not sold in the States ...  :thumbsdn:

• Like 2

They come on the all white CRF250L not sold in the States ...  :thumbsdn:

:thumbsup:  all white is good then you can add the graph's you want-- :thumbsup:WE need some TT graphic's :thumbsup:

Edited by USMCVietVet
  • Like 6

Thanks jukin,   :thumbsup:  Cat ji provided that link awhile back, but I was wondering if you used a different site.   :ride:  I feel an order going out before the end of the weekend.  My 305 BB money is going to take longer to save.... :rolleyes:  They don't have the black SM stuff on the site yet.  Hopefully sooon.....

Thanks.  :thumbsup:  Ask him. He would just have to order them, or send a bike to pick them up from whichever shop has them. If the parts price is less there, he should be able to make enough on it.  Unfortunately the shipping cost is not low like China. 

PS:  Like gnath said, there is some scope for organising parts there for people overseas. Even if it is a small business, something to supplement the retirement income. i like the idea for myself but i can see you'd need to have a Thai partner, someone who can get the stuff, and deal with the PO and so on. Or once you've sorted out how to get the stuff, you can hire a mototaxi to take it to the PO, but then there'd still be the issue of communicating with the mototaxi guy. Then again, you have the packages labeled, you take it to the PO, they show you where to sign, how much to pay....i dunno, i can see it would be difficult, but eventually you could get it sorted, how to deal with the comms problem. (kind of thinking aloud here.) 

Edited by Cat ji
  • Like 1