Sign in to follow this  

Bike For My Dad?

Hi,

My dad is looking for a new bike and cannot decide on what to get. He is 5"8 and 165 pounds. He is looking to upgrade from his 2005 crf150f play bike.  He rides mostly trails  but we do jumps and play around in the scramble areas to. If there are no good choices he might consider putting some of mods on his 150.

Thanks ....

Hi,

My dad is looking for a new bike and cannot decide on what to get. He is 5"8 and 165 pounds. He is looking to upgrade from his 2005 crf150f play bike.  He rides mostly trails  but we do jumps and play around in the scramble areas to. If there are no good choices he might consider putting some of mods on his 150.

Thanks ....

Lot's of good choices. I'd look at a KTM 150 or 200. XC most likely. 

Lot's of good choices. I'd look at a KTM 150 or 200. XC most likely.

every post you say is about KTM. Lol NO.

Don't do that.

Get a 125 2t. Such as a yz125. Great bikes.

every post you say is about KTM. Lol NO.

Don't do that.

Get a 125 2t. Such as a yz125. Great bikes.

What are you talking about? I ride an RM 250.... go through my last 100 posts and tell me how many are about KTM. He clearly states that they mostly ride trails, but do some jumping... so I suggested trail orient bikes that have the suspension to hit the MX track occasionally. EXACTLY what he said he wanted. 

Edited by Kenpo1

naaaaa he wants something a little newer than the xr

you can get as new as 2004. You can only get a 06(?) I believe kdx. And the Ktm is if you have lots of money. Not just for the bike but for parts and rebuilds later too! The XR is a reliable bike.

A good step-up bike from the CRF150F is the WR250F, CRF250X, KTM 250 XCF-W or any of the 200cc 2 strokes (KTM and KDX).  My son went from a CRF150F to WR250F and it is an easy transition  plus you get better brakes, power and suspension.