Son's YZ250 running poorly after a fall

My son has an '09 YZ250f.  

He took a spill yesterday on a very muddy track and struggled to get the bike up and out of the knee-deep mud.  Bike was on its side for a good 5 mins.  Took a bunch of kicks to get it restarted.  Afterwards, felt very sluggish, especially from 1/2 throttle to full throttle in each gear.  I'm assuming that's a main jet problem?  Knowing very little about the mechanics of a motorcycle, I'm wondering if flooding the carb while it's lying on its side could plug the jet?  Or if there is another possible explanation for why the bike runs totally different after the fall than it did before??? Fouled spark plug, maybe from all the kicks?  (It starts fine now, so I'm dismissing that as an explanation, but what do I know?!)

He has been riding that bike for over a year, and never had problems.  It's a well-maintened, regularly serviced bike.

Thanks for any help ... want to know as much as I can before going back to the shop.

My best guess would be clogged jets probably pilot but id check them all and just buy a new piolt to be safe. Drain your gas too incase it got dirt in it. I completely sunk my bike in a huge puddle n took in alot of water (extremely dirty water) flushed the engine and everything fresh oil and the only prob was the carb. Bought a dyno jet kit and it runs amazing still