Why honda motorcycles are saving off road

It is obvious to the educated motorcycle rider that honda makes the best bike out there. They are second to none on reliability, ease of maintenance, and performance.

Other than bikes bastardized by a poor mechanic, a honda will rarely have a problem. I've had cr250s, a cr 500 and a crf450r all with great results. I beat the shit out of all the bikes i've had and the hondas never gernade. My kids have had various crfs with never an issue. None ever broke down. Yzs and kxs we have had were towed in numerous times. I never had to split cases or do tranny work until i tried other brands. Ktms always had stuff fall off.

Keeping a honda well maintained doesn't require special tools. Give the allen head set to your friend on the ktm. And the hardware doesn't strip out or fall off on the trail.

On top of all that, hondas simply haul ass.

425389-1691244_not_sure_if_troll_super_s

On a side note, I used to be very brand loyal towards honda. Until I got into offroad. They make 2 offroad bikes! Euro bikes have so much more variety, let alone euro brands actually produce 2 strokes! Yea yea, I know yamaha still makes 2 strokes... a 2006 bike at a 2013 price. To each their own.

On a side note, I used to be very brand loyal towards honda. Until I got into offroad. They make 2 offroad bikes! Euro bikes have so much more variety, let alone euro brands actually produce 2 strokes! Yea yea, I know yamaha still makes 2 strokes... a 2006 bike at a 2013 price. To each their own.

I've owned a wide variety of brands over the past 40 years, and while I like Hondas and currently own a few, I sure wouldn't make the broad statements the OP made.

Edited by chuck4788

If the bike is well built to start ....

Just maintain it

Before a brand name or the color of the plastics....what reliability boils down to is maintenance since it left the showroom floor and how the bike is ridden. It is an absurd statement to say "_____ don't blow up but ______ do" , because at the end of the day some smart ass engineers made these bikes, which are all very similar, and while yes there are good eggs and bad eggs, the owner and the condition of parts has FAR more to do with anything than the brand/color of the bike.

So I completely disagree with your statements, but that's the beauty of having this thing called an opinion, we're all entitled to one.

Edit: &%$#@!ing backyardhack....steal the contents of my post while I'm writing it and sum it up in 10 words... :)

Edited by dan2581

here, use this    

258Troll_spray.jpg

anyways, i woudnt say that hondas are the best of the best, ktm makes some pretty good bikes too,

IMO any main brand bike will haul a$$, as long as they arent certain suzuki's  :ph34r:

Edited by mr.whiskeythrottle

Honda contributes to the Sierra Club...

Hondas rock! They might not be the most powerful but that is fixed with a little mod here or there. I think the CRF platform is more versitial than most bikes out there.

In all reality a bike is a bike its only going to last as long if the owner takes care of her and maintains her right. Of course Honda is my favorite but only cause of the power delivery and the feel of the bike is my preference but as far as saying they are the best idk. Anything can last long just take care of it  :ride:

I am a true Honda fan, though I don't believe they are saving the sport. If they offered a full range of reasonably priced 2 strokes from 80-500, I may partially agree. I would love to see 2 strokes back in the game. I think more people would have more money, which would allow for more racing. That is what will save the sport. I believe a production cr500AF would sell like crazy too.

Honda make my dreams come true.

have a xr250 the thing is built to last. ive laid it over, crashed, hit trees,rocks. never had any major problems just your typical keep up with maintenance. i have friends with yamaha's and suzukis that have constant problems they also have xr's and totally agree with me. honda makes their bikes built to last and  built to be beat. 

Yup....troll for sure, just like the guy posting "is a CR500 a good first bike"

Chris

yea.....

i really don`t see any of the new honda`s off road,lots of older 2strokes and Xr`s but only a couple of the newer 4 strokes :cool:

here, use this    

post-362671-0-98603100-1379996322_thumb.

anyways, i woudnt say that hondas are the best of the best, ktm makes some pretty good bikes too,

IMO any main brand bike will haul a$$, as long as they arent certain suzuki's  :ph34r:

Hey, I love my Suzuki.  :naughty:

Edited by motoinmoab

I do see lots of the new 4strokes for sale,at prices that are shocking cheap and they still aren`t selling.

I just though of something and I`m gonna say it.

the biggest  mistake honda made was dropping the XR line.....

I just though of something and I`m gonna say it.

the biggest  mistake honda made was dropping the XR line.....

Followed closely by the smoker, which Honda was a big player in killing the 2 stroke. How's that saving offroad? 

I am a Honda fan BTW, I've owned a few. 

Honda's are the fastest or really best race bikes necessarily, but they do make good quality bikes. they are easy to work on and easy to get parts. you can beat them to hell and they still run great but i wouldnt say they are saving offroad 

Can I make a thread about how Yamahas are saving MX because they look so amazing?

Why do people even bother with this sh!t 

This makes me want to sell my Honda.