Sign in to follow this  

cleaning inside of engine?

anyone have tips on how to do this well? in the crank case / right case specifically, and in the head.

you talking with just the case cover off ????   what are you trying to clean out exactly????

you talking with just the case cover off ????   what are you trying to clean out exactly????

Everything, burnt oil, regular oil, metal shavings...

case open too

Edited by bdeemo

A couple gallons of mineral spirits( basically the same as commercial parts cleaner) and a Rubbermaid container just a little bigger than the engine. dunk and swirl, With an air nozzle on the air hose and a "Y" on the extended tip(I use 1/4 od poly tubing), with the one tube going down into the cleaner, lower pressure, will be somewhat like a power blaster. Stick the other tube inside openings and it should wash the block out nicely.

Edited by jjktmrider
  • Like 1

A couple gallons of mineral spirits( basically the same as commercial parts cleaner) and a Rubbermaid container just a little bigger than the engine. dunk and swirl, With an air nozzle on the air hose and a "Y" on the extended tip(I use 1/4 od poly tubing), with the one tube going down into the cleaner, lower pressure, will be somewhat like a power blaster. Stick the other tube inside openings and it should wash the block out nicely.

Learn something every day here.  ;)

That sounds like a good darn idea