Sign in to follow this  

07 kx250f valves

It seems that the top intake valve spring retainers on the 07 are slightly bigger on the part that sits down inside the spring. The exhaust seems to work but idk bout the intake. I searched as far as I could. Couldnt find the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think as long as you have the springs and retainers and clips from the 07 they should be fine.

the retainer clips are your most important pieces.

On the retainers, how much of a gap to the spring are we talking?

They should be snug in there. You don't want the springs to be bouncing back and forth.

Let me cross check the parts and let you know.

Ok here is what I got off the original equipment part numbers of the KX250f's

on the 04-05 engine:

part number #12009 valve retainer

part number #12011 collet ( keeper )

part number #49078 spring

on the 07

part number #12009 A on one of the retainers

part number #12011 collet ( keeper )

part number #49078 spring

so the only difference would be that -A- on one of the retainers.

If you got the kit as a set, springs, retainers etc. I think it would be fine. Word of advice, always put new Collets ( keepers )

one nick or bend in those things will end up dropping a valve.

here is a good link for the part numbers : http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oem-parts/kawasaki/2007/kx250-t7f-kx250f/valve-s

Hope this helps.

Al

Edited by Altune

The kit came with the valves and springs. I went oem for the collets and the spring retainers. The retainers have a little cup type of thing that sits inside of the spring. The exhaust fits perfect but the intake retainers are bigger all together and dont quite sit in the spring that came with the kit it seems the little cup is slightly bigger. The valves fit fine. just seems to need a slightly bigger spring, or to use one of the smaller retainers. Im not sure what to do

on the 04 all the valve springs are the same part number. on the 07 the part number is the same on the exhaust but the intake both part numbers are same but end with an a. I wonder if the springs are slightly bigger on the intake side just like the retainer?

I bought a set of intake and exhaust pro x steel valve and spring kits for my 04 kx250f rebuild. I went with new 2007 kx250f head. my question is will my 2004 valves and springs fit my 2007 head? thanks guys!

Yes it will fit.  You just need to use everything in the kit.  The kit may not have come with collet or valve seal, so use OEM on the collets and you can use the pro-x, kibblewhite or OEM on the seals.  Do not mix your old OEM parts, (valves or springs) with your new steel parts (SS ?).  You need the heavy springs with the SS valves.

My recommendation is to send back the intake kit and buy the 07 kit. I believe you are correct that the 07 springs, ect. are larger. Looking at the parts diagram there are several differences in the valve train on the intake side. The tappet, spring retainers, spring, and valve are all different.

When looking up part numbers you need to watch what your looking at. The numbers listed above are just the reference numbers, you may find several years that show the same reference number. All it means is that 12004 is an intake valve. If you look further there is more to it - 04 Intake valve is P/N: 12004-0002 and 07 Intake valve is P/N: 12004-0023.

copy that. ima resell the 04 kit and buy the 07. or i might just keep the valves from the 04 kit and save them for a future rebuild. one way or another thanks for the help! found out the intake side  bottom spring keeper, the top spring keeper, and the valve spring its self are all different from the 04. exhaust is the same tho for valves retainers, collets etc.

I am not sure what all came in your pro-x kit, but I just install an intake kit from Kibblewhite in an 05 and it came with everything exept the collets and valve seals.  The kit fit all KX250f up to 2013.  In other words the kit replace everything.

I am not sure what all came in your pro-x kit, but I just install an intake kit from Kibblewhite in an 05 and it came with everything exept the collets and valve seals. The kit fit all KX250f up to 2013. In other words the kit replace everything.

The problem is the kit was ordered for an 04. He now has a 07 head. In 07 the intake valve train was changed including the tappet/bucket.

my bad.... yes the reference numbers are same.....actual  part numbers are different. Did not have that much time to look into them.

• Like 1