00-07 tall seat foam

I know I've read here that the tall SDG fitment is horrible and the GUTS tall foam is rediculously high. For what it's worth Motoseat makes a foam that is a 1/2" higher than stock at the lowest part, which sounds just about right. Had anyone here tried one?

Also, TH1NK technologies makes super lightweight foams for the factory teams that save over 1lb compared to stock. They make them for current 250f/450's only, but they are willing to produce them for our cr125/250s if they can get 4 buyers to commit. Apparently the mold process is quite pricey. Anybody interested in a group buy of 4+ To get them into production?

I know I've read here that the tall SDG fitment is horrible and the GUTS tall foam is rediculously high. For what it's worth Motoseat makes a foam that is a 1/2" higher than stock at the lowest part, which sounds just about right. Had anyone here tried one?

Also, TH1NK technologies makes super lightweight foams for the factory teams that save over 1lb compared to stock. They make them for current 250f/450's only, but they are willing to produce them for our cr125/250s if they can get 4 buyers to commit. Apparently the mold process is quite pricey. Anybody interested in a group buy of 4+ To get them into production?

I've got a gutz seat and it is not very high.. I'm guessing a half inch or an inch max and I got a soft so it feels like almost stock  height but very comfortable. I've gotten a couple for my cr and one for my Beta and those are excellent. If anything I think I might like a little higher foam from gutz.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I've got a gutz seat and it is not very high.. I'm guessing a half inch or an inch max and I got a soft so it feels like almost stock  height but very comfortable. I've gotten a couple for my cr and one for my Beta and those are excellent. If anything I think I might like a little higher foam from gutz.

Could you post a pic of your seat?

I have a Gutz tall seat for an 04 CRF and it's ridiculously tall.

I have a tall sdg seat on my 01 250 and I really like it. First time fitment combined with new side panels was a bitch, but after leaving it on the bike for a couple of days it was way easier the second time. It fits the bike better and better after every ride.

It's not much taller, its just not as curved in the middle, its flatter and the foam is a bit firmer than oem.

Could you post a pic of your seat?

I have a Gutz tall seat for an 04 CRF and it's ridiculously tall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOXgY-SHvcU

I've gotten a couple of seat foams  for my cr and it's just a little taller than stock.  It works great though. I added a little hump . Maybe just take yours off and trim . It's way better to be taller as you can trim a little of the foam off the bottom if you like.  Mine is in the half inch to an inch higher with soft foam. It feels like when I sit on the bike that it's almost the same height as stock.. still higher but not much. I'm sure it would be different with a medium or stiffer foam.

If you don't have a good upholstery stapler get this one. I don't know why I stuck with all the crappy staplers I had before. This makes redoing your seat super easy and first class. I was borrowing someones and I just bought one for myself. It's way worth it. It's a guaranty I will be changing seats for a while.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Porter-Cable-US58-1-4-Inch-to-5-8-Inch-22-Gauge-C-Crown-Upholstery-Stapler-/290925996544?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bc8a6a00

Edited by hawaiidirtrider