Sign in to follow this  

cr250 af in 05 crf250

hey adam if you buy that bike I ll buy the lighting coil from you and send you my non lighting coil,im assuming hes talking about the stator

I wonder if he re worked the four stroke suspension for the two stroke motor?

Also the intake looks like its taking a couple crazy bends, I wonder how the airbox is attached and if it rubs the shock at all...the pipe and motor looks a little high and straight up and down. The agle of the engine may or may not effect handling to a certain degree ?

I wonder if he re worked the four stroke suspension for the two stroke motor?

Also the intake looks like its taking a couple crazy bends, I wonder how the airbox is attached and if it rubs the shock at all...the pipe and motor looks a little high and straight up and down. The agle of the engine may or may not effect handling to a certain degree ?

Dont think the engine would effect it. remember hwo much less weight is their. The 4 stroke has a big heavey head way up their.

this bike is just a short ferry ride away. if i wasnt in school..and didnt just re-build my cr250 i think i would be all over this.

The way the motor is clocked affect the rear suspension primarily.

I'm in the middle of a build with a New 09 crf250 frame with a similar but a bit better motor. It's been a slow process with many other project in front of it.......

• Like 1

Yes the way the motor is "clocked" its always something i think about now that iv done a couple motor swaps... Iv noticed most modern bikes have the motor rotated forward for improved handeling... Iv seen relocating motor mounts available for brand new kawies too...

But yeah the forks are similar but the rear shock has a heavier spring and rebound valving to compensate for the four stroke characteristics and extra weight.. Crf250 5.3 vs CR250 4.9 rear spring

I was able to get ahold of the guy and he had custom suspension for his weight and valved for single track riding. but now swapped back out all stock suspension and parts to sell it... Nice guy, said he spent about $1000 doing the swap.. Mostly by paying the shop for fab work I guess. Also said hed do $2600 shipped to California! Not a bad price at all for the bike...