Sign in to follow this  

What bike should I buy?

I need your help guys. My last bike was a 2000 yamaha yz426f but I didn't like the feel of it and i found myself going alot faster around a track on my brothers cr125 after riding my uncles 150xc which was a dream to ride. I ride a couple of motocross events a year, a couple of tight single trail tracks in the sand and a fire trail I go to regularly with very steep hills and long straights. I need a bike that I can ride in all these conditions. I'm 16 years old, 6 foot 4 inches and 240 pounds (110 kg) and still growing. My friends want me to get a crf or kxf 250 so I can race with them but I like enduro and trail riding alot more. I tried out of my friends crf230 and found myslef just constantly changing up gears and I sat in 5th the whole time on the fire trail track and struggling to keep up. I have rode enduro bikes before and found that they lack top end so this is my predicament!!

I need your help guys. My last bike was a 2000 yamaha yz426f but I didn't like the feel of it and i found myself going alot faster around a track on my brothers cr125 after riding my uncles 150xc which was a dream to ride. I ride a couple of motocross events a year, a couple of tight single trail tracks in the sand and a fire trail I go to regularly with very steep hills and long straights. I need a bike that I can ride in all these conditions. I'm 16 years old, 6 foot 4 inches and 240 pounds (110 kg) and still growing. My friends want me to get a crf or kxf 250 so I can race with them but I like enduro and trail riding alot more. I tried out of my friends crf230 and found myslef just constantly changing up gears and I sat in 5th the whole time on the fire trail track and struggling to keep up. I have rode enduro bikes before and found that they lack top end so this is my predicament!!

is say get a 250 2 smoker. Any yz or rm. I prefer YZ personally and would pick up any early 2000s yz250. Just set the suspension for you. You could also use a 450. Such as a crf it yz450f . Both great bikes .

Are you getting new or used?

If I get a 250 2smoker it would be around the 2003 - 2008 model range. I have been looking at rm because I heard they have great handling but I also keep an eye out for gas gas ec300 as I heard they're the ducks nuts for offroad riding.

If I get a 250 2smoker it would be around the 2003 - 2008 model range. I have been looking at rm because I heard they have great handling but I also keep an eye out for gas gas ec300 as I heard they're the ducks nuts for offroad riding.

get a 06 and up YZ250!!

What about a 2009 kawasaki kx250f?

What about a 2009 kawasaki kx250f

that'll work but why? It's a 250f, and used! Don't buy that. It's a time bomb. It will blow up anytime and boy when it does it'll put you out a couple grand! Get a 250 2t!

I'd ride one of your buddy's 250f and see what you think. I'd imagine it would be a big difference from a crf230. Personally I'm leery of the new 4 stroke racing bikes. I've rode a 2012 crf450 and it was impressive. Suspension was harsh for the terrain, but it would fly! The maintenance of them is what bothers me. A good running 2 stroke is alot of fun and a 250ts is scary fast. Get what feels the best and fits your riding.

I'm 16, 245 pounds and 6'4". My previous bike was a yz426 but I want to downgrade to something abit more light and nimble. I've rode 2 strokes and my mates have them but all they seem to do is have more problems and are too busy rebuilding it to come riding. I also rode a crf230 and a sherco 450 and found myself constantly shifting up gears because they lacked top end. I will be riding 2 or 3 mx races a year, 2 or 3 tight single trail sand track and 2 or 3 times I will be doing hillclibming on a 4x4 track.will my weight bog down on this bike? should I get a 250, or 300 exc or even a 450 mx bike?. Thanks :)

$(KGrHqJ,!mIFInGyeZu0BSQBMNt8tg~~48_20.jpg

I'd ride one of your buddy's 250f and see what you think. I'd imagine it would be a big difference from a crf230. Personally I'm leery of the new 4 stroke racing bikes. I've rode a 2012 crf450 and it was impressive. Suspension was harsh for the terrain, but it would fly! The maintenance of them is what bothers me. A good running 2 stroke is alot of fun and a 250ts is scary fast. Get what feels the best and fits your riding.

I started up another post on TT and this guy reckons I should get a crf450r or rmz450. The whole reason I sold my 426 was to get something lighter and more nimble and better all rounder for offroad and mx. Now I have been given a great offer by my uncle for his sherco 450 and I have another great offer from a friend for a 2007 gas gas ec300. Does anyone know how those things go?

I started up another post on TT and this guy reckons I should get a crf450r or rmz450. The whole reason I sold my 426 was to get something lighter and more nimble and better all rounder for offroad and mx. Now I have been given a great offer by my uncle for his sherco 450 and I have another great offer from a friend for a 2007 gas gas ec300. Does anyone know how those things go?

gas gas. That or find another 2t.

Looks clean. Make sure you know how many hours, how the bike has been maintained, is there anything the bike needs before its ready to ride? Depending on how your mates ride, and maintain their bike is the main question. I would assume they would be having the same issues on a 4 stroke. If you go the Cr route and its in great shape, buy it and have fun. Its a Honda,so parts will be easy to get.