Is a CR500 a good first bike?

being a new rider just about any bike is going to give you a thrill. the cr500 is not a beginner bike and you might want to look for a 125 or maybe a 250 to learn on. a 125 2-stroke will teach you how to ride properly and they are crazy fun. a large portion of the skill you develop overtime is throttle control. being a new rider the 500 can get away from you quickly. it might seem fine on a test ride in a straight line but hanging onto the beast for extended periods of time will lead to whiskey throttle which will likely lead to a hospital visit. I am a 6'3" 200lb, experienced rider and my 500 can be a handful at times. i progressed from a 200 to 250 to a 300 to 500. big bore 2-strokes aren't for everybody experienced or not.     

Just what the title says. I'm 5'7" 165 pounds and im looking for a good bike. I love danger an living on the edge. Thanks

Do you have riding experience? It was my first dirt bike but I had years of riding experience before buying.

Edited by reco2011

being a new rider just about any bike is going to give you a thrill. the cr500 is not a beginner bike and you might want to look for a 125 or maybe a 250 to learn on. a 125 2-stroke will teach you how to ride properly and they are crazy fun. a large portion of the skill you develop overtime is throttle control. being a new rider the 500 can get away from you quickly. it might seem fine on a test ride in a straight line but hanging onto the beast for extended periods of time will lead to whiskey throttle which will likely lead to a hospital visit. I am a 6'3" 200lb, experienced rider and my 500 can be a handful at times. i progressed from a 200 to 250 to a 300 to 500. big bore 2-strokes aren't for everybody experienced or not.     

You swallowed hook, line and sinker didn't you?