Sign in to follow this  

TT Extended Fuel Screw not staying in place

My TT extedned fuel screw is turning out after riding.  I have '13 400SM.  Any ideas on how keep it in place?  Maybe some green thread lock or thread sealant?

The first thing to do is make sure you have all the parts to that assembly and in the correct order and then go from there.The fuel screw should be assembled with the spring,washer and o-ring,in that order.If any parts are missing it can mean less tension and lead to the screw backing out.

• Like 1

1: ThumperTalk does not make or market a TT brand fuel screw.. so what fuel screw Do you have?

2: What carb are we talking about? Your bike came with a Mikuni BSR36... so that one or another? 

3: What they said above.

4: How many turns out are you trying that allows it to fall out? 

1: ThumperTalk does not make or market a TT brand fuel screw.. so what fuel screw Do you have?

2: What carb are we talking about? Your bike came with a Mikuni BSR36... so that one or another? 

this is what hes talking about..it labeled as thumpertalk fuel screw...

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/ThumperTalk-DRZ400S-SM-Extended-Fuel-Mixture-Screw-p2006766350.html

so what is it really then..cuz i had this same problem with the screw thats in the link..and i literally installed it yesterday, and realized it didnt screw it in enough when i did it the 1st time over a year ago :banghead: ..which is why i left it out cuz it wanted to just wiggle/fall out

Edited by 707LAKE

this is what hes talking about..it labeled as thumpertalk fuel screw...

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/ThumperTalk-DRZ400S-SM-Extended-Fuel-Mixture-Screw-p2006766350.html

so what is it really then..cuz i had this same problem with the screw thats in the link..and i literally installed it yesterday, and realized it didnt screw it in enough when i did it the 1st time over a year ago :banghead: ..which is why i left it out cuz it wanted to just wiggle/fall out

I don't know.. It's not listed under the TT Parts page... So I was not tracking they are making one..

I'll confirm.

In any case..

Still need the other info to know more

• Like 1

I bought the part from the parts store on TT. 2.5 turns just as the JD kit said to start from. It is a stock carb. I am just trying to figure out what I need to do to make it stay in place. And yes I have all the items in the right order. Am I the only one that has had trouble?

Yet another reason to get the Keintech Fuel Screw. Had it for years with no problems whatsoever...

Yet another reason to get the Keintech Fuel Screw. Had it for years with no problems whatsoever...

Perhaps that TT fuel screw is a repackaged Keintech ........someone from TT shop may confirm this....

• Like 1

I left the stock screw in mine and made a tool to adjust it out of a small hex wrench. Ground down the long end of the wrench to a flat head, use the 90* end to aid in counting turns

Well I'll be dipped in chocolate and rolled in nuts...so what is the problem then???

Can you figure it out for him Craigo???

• Like 1

I had a similar problem and used a couple of small strips of teflon (plumbers) tape to give it some extra resistance.  Haven't had any problems since then.

Well I'll be dipped in chocolate and rolled in nuts...so what is the problem then???

Can you figure it out for him Craigo???

LOL

What William said is where I am thinking, the spring may not be to spec for whatever reason...