Orion 125cc pitbike problems

I'm very new to dirtbikes/pitbikes this is my first bike. I should of just saved up for a Kawasaki Kx 125, anyways so I bought this Orion 125cc pit bike and had some friends who know a little here and there about bikes and they took a look and couldnt figure it out.. Well it starts..sometimes. It has a new spark plug and new gas and oil.Well what it does it doesnt stay idling and you cant get it to actually ride because once you shift into first it sputters and starts to kill, but it will go about 5-10 feet before dying off completely. The engine also makes popping noises. Sounds almost like its backfiring after every single rev. I was thinking it could be the carbuerator, we blew air through the jets to make sure nothing was clogged but we didnt actually clean out the entire carb. The floats,pistons, and CDI are fine. I'm actually surprised this off brand actually has a mikuni carb in it. anyways please help me out and give me some suggestions. should I soak it in carb cleaner?

Well seems as its your first bike get rid of the thing its cheap crap and buy a 2hand honda or along the lines

Engine and Carb quick check list - TBolt USA Tech Database!

Install Intake manifold to head and carb, oil gaskets and tighten bolts lightly at first then torque then down gradually in a cross pattern to provide a good seal and avoid air leaks

1)Throttle cable adjustment check:

a)Carb slide MUST hit bottom 

b)Test it , You MUST hear the sound of the slide hitting the bottom of the carb

c)You must have free play or slack in the throttle cable 

d)You must be able to turn the throttle a small amount WITHOUT moving the carb slide

2)Make sure the carb is 100% clean, free of debris and you can see light thru both main and pilot jets 

You must start with a known good and properly oiled air filter 

3)Double check you valve tappet adjustment .003intake and .004exh. 

4)Make sure your exhaust gasket is installed properly. 

5)Make sure all electrical connections are tight and you have a solid ground from the engine to the frame.

and make sure you have spark 

6)Check for good fuel flow and fresh fuel. 

7)See our jetting guide and do a plug read. 

http://www.tboltusa.com/store/tech.php?pid=61

Flooded Engine:

IF your flooded , pull the plug , Kick it over like 10 time WITH THE PLUG OUT 

Put in a NEW PLUG

One more thing

I find at times it helps to just crack the throttle a tiny bit to let air in , just a tiny bit 

Engine and Carb quick check list - TBolt USA Tech Database!

Install Intake manifold to head and carb, oil gaskets and tighten bolts lightly at first then torque then down gradually in a cross pattern to provide a good seal and avoid air leaks

1)Throttle cable adjustment check:

a)Carb slide MUST hit bottom

b)Test it , You MUST hear the sound of the slide hitting the bottom of the carb

c)You must have free play or slack in the throttle cable

d)You must be able to turn the throttle a small amount WITHOUT moving the carb slide

2)Make sure the carb is 100% clean, free of debris and you can see light thru both main and pilot jets

You must start with a known good and properly oiled air filter

3)Double check you valve tappet adjustment .003intake and .004exh.

4)Make sure your exhaust gasket is installed properly.

5)Make sure all electrical connections are tight and you have a solid ground from the engine to the frame.

and make sure you have spark

6)Check for good fuel flow and fresh fuel.

7)See our jetting guide and do a plug read.

http://www.tboltusa.com/store/tech.php?pid=61

Flooded Engine:

IF your flooded , pull the plug , Kick it over like 10 time WITH THE PLUG OUT

Put in a NEW PLUG

One more thing

I find at times it helps to just crack the throttle a tiny bit to let air in , just a tiny bit

wow!! Really! ! I'm sure the bike is prob new er. Should have to check all that shit!! Never!! Buy a Chinese pit bike!! Sjould have saved for a used yz125!!!

Well seems as its your first bike get rid of the thing its cheap crap and buy a 2hand honda or along the lines

for sure!!! Totally crap!!! I guess you learn the hard wsy like me!! Trade it for a used yz125!!!

for sure!!! Totally crap!!! I guess you learn the hard wsy like me!! Trade it for a used yz125!!!

The difference in a Japanese bike and a Chinese pit bike is that a mechanic completely checks all of those above mentioned checklist. AT YOUR COST. When you buy a new bike the dealer charges you for the time there mechanic has gone over everything. Chinese bikes on the other hand have a 12 year old boy assemble them and send to North America where some fat dealer with no idea what he's doing sells it to you. The above checklist is either yours to do or pay a mechanic on craigslist to do it. Some kids these days... Don't know how to do the above checklist? Then you should rip up your man card, put on some skinny jeans and grab a latte.