Lost Needle Washer - am I screwed?

So while ReJetting my carb, I either lost the lower washer on the needle (under the plastic spacer) or it wasn't there in the first place. I found some washers that fit from the hardware store, but I don't know how thick the old one was or if I even need it. The bike seems to be running okay, but I want to make sure it is perfect. Anyone have any input?

If it runs fine I woulnd;t worry persoanlly. Have you taken it out for drives, or just had it idle?

The build up from top to bottom is - thin metal, clip, plastic spacer, thicker metal washer.  The thin washer is 0.5mm (.020")  the thick washer is (I'm guessing here) about .030".   3mm flat washers are 0.5mm think.  So you can use 1 or 2 of those to replace the missing one.  A clip position on an adjustable needle is 1.0mm so using 3mm flat washers works pretty well for fine tuning.  DynoJet jet kits include a 3mm flat washer just for that purpose.

So while ReJetting my carb, I either lost the lower washer on the needle (under the plastic spacer) or it wasn't there in the first place. I found some washers that fit from the hardware store, but I don't know how thick the old one was or if I even need it. The bike seems to be running okay, but I want to make sure it is perfect. Anyone have any input?

Are you sure it didn't slide off the needle and stay down in the dark hole? I had mine do that while I was playing around with clip settings. I pushed the need up from the point and everything came out but that one washer. It sometimes stays in there.

If it runs fine I woulnd;t worry persoanlly. Have you taken it out for drives, or just had it idle?

Just a quick ride up and down the street, but I live in the mountains, so I'm wondering if it may come into play at higher elevations.

Are you sure it didn't slide off the needle and stay down in the dark hole? I had mine do that while I was playing around with clip settings. I pushed the need up from the point and everything came out but that one washer. It sometimes stays in there.

Well I tipped the slide upside-down and wiggled the hell out of it and nothing came out.

The main reason I'm asking about it is because while it seems to run fine, I didn't notice a big difference after I installed the jet kit. Also, no popping noise on deceleration at all (which I actually liked hearing!!)

I'd drive it around town and see if it has any issues. Or, you can just get the one Noble mentioned.

The build up from top to bottom is - thin metal, clip, plastic spacer, thicker metal washer.  The thin washer is 0.5mm (.020")  the thick washer is (I'm guessing here) about .030".   3mm flat washers are 0.5mm think.  So you can use 1 or 2 of those to replace the missing one.  A clip position on an adjustable needle is 1.0mm so using 3mm flat washers works pretty well for fine tuning.  DynoJet jet kits include a 3mm flat washer just for that purpose.

Ok, I put two 3mm washers on. Starts and Revs nicely, but haven't had a chance to take it out for a real spin yet. Thanks for the info everyone. Hopefully it all works out

I got the bike out for a decent ride today, and there are still no deceleration pops. Is that something of concern? Bigger main-jet maybe?

Why would that be a concern?  What exhaust system? Main jet has no affect on closed throttle coast.  If it runs good, you are good.