Video of a complete beginner 4 weeks in. Whoops/jump How do I look?

Ride a CRF450R.  Have ridden streetbikes and harley's my whole life (I'm 23) but never dirt.  Here I am after 4 weeks (and 5th time ever riding dirt/mx)  I usually only get an hour of actual ride time per day out at the track.

How's my form and technique look?  I am trying to take it slow and don't want to ride over my head and wad up.  Any more tips? Think i'm ready to triple out of those whoops? How about that rhythm section?

Links below are two short videos and are public

http://instagram.com/p/en4TTDRyUv/

http://instagram.com/p/en7FquxyZk/

Thanks guys!

Edited by HazemA

looking good for your 5th time on an mx bike. Your taller than 6 foot?

body position looks pretty good through the whoops, neutral and centered on the bike. It's good for the speed your going, as you get faster you will adjust lower and back, keeping your head down and getting your back less upright.

jumping body position looks solid for your speed as well.

The hard part of mx is the cornering. If your looking to become a better rider, cornering is the place to start. Everything else develops following cornering. So next time have them film a few corners.

I know it's a 450, but it's important to learn how to ride higher in the rpms. Gears are pretty long. Next time you are in an open area, run your bike to the end of 2ed and 3ed gear. Run it till you hit the rev limiter, hitting it for a split second won't hurt anything, and that way you can see how fast you can go in those gears. From the sound of it your not even using half the rpms you have available to you.

looking good for your 5th time on an mx bike. Your taller than 6 foot?

body position looks pretty good through the whoops, neutral and centered on the bike. It's good for the speed your going, as you get faster you will adjust lower and back, keeping your head down and getting your back less upright.

jumping body position looks solid for your speed as well.

The hard part of mx is the cornering. If your looking to become a better rider, cornering is the place to start. Everything else develops following cornering. So next time have them film a few corners.

I know it's a 450, but it's important to learn how to ride higher in the rpms. Gears are pretty long. Next time you are in an open area, run your bike to the end of 2ed and 3ed gear. Run it till you hit the rev limiter, hitting it for a split second won't hurt anything, and that way you can see how fast you can go in those gears. From the sound of it your not even using half the rpms you have available to you.

Thank you for the feedback.. I am 6'1" so just above 6 foot.  I may have some corner footage, I believe I am better in the corners than on jumps.  I'll look for that footage.  I am working on consistency in ruts, larger ones in sweeping turns I am able to fully use, tighter turns is where my problem of crosscutting occurs.  I'm working on it but am better in corners so I am more concerned with finally clearing some smaller jumps.  I really tried to focus on cornering and form each time I went out and yesterday was the first time I really got any air (This footage was all from yesterday).  

And I've tried to hit the rev limiter on short straights in second but it seems to never run out of power.. I guess I'll go out to an open area and try again.. Thing is just a torquey tractor haha.

Edited by HazemA

Nobody else?

Looks like most people to be honest.  Nothing really to say.

You looked like you were riding pretty stiff to me, loosen up a little.

Loosen up and let the bike do the work. You are trying to force the bike to do what you think it "should" do. Stay loose and let the bike do what it wants to do. You will gain speed really fast and jumping will be much easier. Work on gripping with your legs and not your hands. It looks to me like you are tightening up right before you hit the jump. Esp in the 2nd vid posted. Just trust your bike and you instinct.

It is not easy to do and I still struggle with it from time to time. Esp when I am trying to catch the leader. I start trying to force things to happen rather than let my skill and the bike get me up there.

Edited by BDubb106

You look like a beginner.  Stop fishing for compliments and go ride.