Sign in to follow this  

help to ID this tail light

so they are the baja designs? can you post a link?

wont let me send a link but copy this into the uk site ... MOTORCYCLE REAR LED TAIL/BRAKE/STOP LIGHT NUMBER PLATE LIGHT BREAK CUSTOM BIKE Second one down for £6.75

I don't know about it, for me it just a bunch of LEDS which is permanent on when I turn the ignition on.

Have you checked the actuator switch on you rear brake peddle ? Lift the peddle to see if the switch is deactivating - it might simply need adjusting. Also if you have aftermarket levers the brake lever may not have the tab that contacts the switch.....

Check these out before you replace the tail light as a new tail will not cure this if it is switches or levers that are causing the problem.

my roommate has one on his KTM. i think he paid around 120 for it, it's baja designs. complete junk if you ask me. doesn't match up to his bike at all and looks tacky.

Edge all the way.

yes but who pays 120 for a fricking back light? I would say your mate has more money than sense. I brought one for £6.75. Had it what now 4 months and its fine no issues what so ever its small and tidy looking for £6.75 you carnt go wrong

yes but who pays 120 for a fricking back light? I would say your mate has more money than sense. I brought one for £6.75. Had it what now 4 months and its fine no issues what so ever its small and tidy looking for £6.75 you carnt go wrong

i couldn't agree more.  he is a moron...lol.  won't get any arguments from me there.  he bought it directly from BD.  he also spent 4400 on a ktm 525 with an out of balance crank (didn't have the bike inspected by a professional or anything, just took the word of the guy) , essentially bought a 4400 dollar rolling chassis with a bad motor.  he's just stupid, gets excited about something and drops the dime immediately without the slightest bit of research.

i couldn't agree more. he is a moron...lol. won't get any arguments from me there. he bought it directly from BD. he also spent 4400 on a ktm 525 with an out of balance crank (didn't have the bike inspected by a professional or anything, just took the word of the guy) , essentially bought a 4400 dollar rolling chassis with a bad motor. he's just stupid, gets excited about something and drops the dime immediately without the slightest bit of research.

ask him if i can have it bank card thankyou!:D

Baja designs has one like that. Mine both failed at 366 days. So they wouldn't warranty them. I haven't bought anything from them since. Also cheaper on eBay but may be worth the risk.

I suspect it's wiring (switches, etc) not  the light. I have similar, all LEDs, stop and brake lights, turn signals built in as well. It's gotta be wired correctly. Got it from amazon.com for about $20.

In my case the circuit board fell apart. Crappy product.

The moto dynamics one is still fine at 2+ years.

anyone know what this is? Thanks.

I got this one (also comes in clear) on ebay for $10-$15. You can see the install on my bike:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1036720-my-homemade-license-platetail-light-assembly/?p=10930496

It has more leds (28 total) versus the one you posted or DRC Edge one, so I think, it'd be brighter...

Stop and running lights still work fine, but the white leds for the license plate just stopped working :D after like 2-3 months use...

Besides that I really like it :D

Find one here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=28+led+tail+motorcycle+light&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.X28+led+motorcycle+tail&_nkw=28+led+motorcycle+tail&_sacat=0

Good luck.