Sign in to follow this  

California Wild Horse Enduro 2013

My son and i are heading out Friday morning for Lovelock from So Cal. We planr to go to race site saturday for sign up etc, do some riding and maybe a little gun shooting. :thumbsup: Sunday its on!!! My son is Harry Lyles, riding 250 A. If you need any pit support, or  chase rider to help you with drinks, food , or whatever on the course let us know i'll be out there to help.

Glenn

• Like 1

My son and i are heading out Friday morning for Lovelock from So Cal. We planr to go to race site saturday for sign up etc, do some riding and maybe a little gun shooting. :thumbsup: Sunday its on!!! My son is Harry Lyles, riding 250 A. If you need any pit support, or  chase rider to help you with drinks, food , or whatever on the course let us know i'll be out there to help.

Glenn

Awesome Glenn! I will probably camp out Saturday night in my truck. Dark blue 1-ton dodge with a black topper. On race day I will be in a bright yellow helmet with a large white fuel tank. Say hi if you see me. Have you guys done this race before?

Hamill and I were gonna go...but chit came up on both are ends. Good luck luck to all you guys!!

I'll be there... Orange/Blue 84 XR350R... driving out saturday afternoon.

Edited by cynicryder

Did we camp out next to each other last year? I was on a xr400r.

yes, I believe so. I was riding a xr200r and in a old white F-250 truck. are you riding your xr400r again ?

yes, I believe so. I was riding a xr200r and in a old white F-250 truck. are you riding your xr400r again ?

I am on a 300 2-smoke now. Thanks for all your assistance in explaining how things work at an enduro. You really helped put my mind at ease.  :)

I look forward to seeing you again.

I am on a 300 2-smoke now. Thanks for all your assistance in explaining how things work at an enduro. You really helped put my mind at ease.  :)

I look forward to seeing you again.

ktm300 ? I promised myself a new ride when I advance to B... it may be a while before that happens. looking forward to seeing you as well. 

nice. what range do you get with that tank ?

180-200 miles depending on elevation and jetting.

It is 5.3 gallons. I also have a 10 L fuel bladder that I strap on if I need more range.

The stock tank is 2.6 gallons and I found that pretty limiting. It would be perfect for this race but I think I would now feel like the bike is too skinny so I am just going to stick to what I am used to and only fill it to 3.25.

I can fill the tank and still only be as heavy as a 2013 500exc is dry.

180-200 miles depending on elevation and jetting.

It is 5.3 gallons. I also have a 10 L fuel bladder that I strap on if I need more range.

The stock tank is 2.6 gallons and I found that pretty limiting. It would be perfect for this race but I think I would now feel like the bike is too skinny so I am just going to stick to what I am used to and only fill it to 3.25.

I can fill the tank and still only be as heavy as a 2013 500exc is dry.

How much wider is that tank than stock?  I'm looking for a bigger tank for my DS 300....

how'd you do ? I hour'ed out on #8 checkpoint.

I also houred out at the 8th check. It was great seeing you out on the course. I have some video of following you in a wash and also of you making that hill climb during the test section where we first met up.

I REALLY like this race. Makes me realize how much I need to practice in the dez.

Excited to see the results.

• Like 1

How much wider is that tank than stock?  I'm looking for a bigger tank for my DS 300....

It is quite a bit wider but the width doesn't bother me. It is ~2 inches wider then my radiators (per side) at the widest point.

I also houred out at the 8th check. It was great seeing you out on the course. I have some video of following you in a wash and also of you making that hill climb during the test section where we first met up.

I REALLY like this race. Makes me realize how much I need to practice in the dez.

Excited to see the results.

I did better than last year and felt "in the groove" for most of it. I decide to follow the road back after check 8 and backtracked the course for that last connect to the main road, and put a rock in my crankcase side. I ended up walking my bike out for 2 miles until I got to the road, just in time for one of the search and rescue guys to come by in his truck and got a ride back. it would be interested to see the video...lol

are you doing buckhorn this weekend ?

Edited by cynicryder