2014 CRF450R

Well , they've been out now for alittle while , what do you think ? 

That's what I'm wondering. I've pretty much decided to wait, but still would like to hear some honest opinions of the new bike. Seems like there would be alot more talk going on about them. I think im gonna thrash around on my 08 for at least another year. lol.

I called and checked on getting one, but they only were gonna give me 5.9% interest and then wanted me to finance for 6 years! That doesn't sound like my idea of fun, so I pretty much gave up on the idea. They did call back and offered 4.9, but still. I'd end up paying about 9K for it. I can buy alot of parts for my 08 for that price, and the 08 really doesn't have that many hours on it.

I called and checked on getting one, but they only were gonna give me 5.9% interest and then wanted me to finance for 6 years! That doesn't sound like my idea of fun, so I pretty much gave up on the idea. They did call back and offered 4.9, but still. I'd end up paying about 9K for it. I can buy alot of parts for my 08 for that price, and the 08 really doesn't have that many hours on it.

Take the 6 year loan and pay it off in 1-year......After my trade, that's what I did on the 2013. It's about $30 in interest per month but for 12 months, who cares.

SO  no one has one yet , oh well .

Take the 6 year loan and pay it off in 1-year......After my trade, that's what I did on the 2013. It's about $30 in interest per month but for 12 months, who cares.

That's $360 bucks... You must be rich!

Keep the 08'. Spend money on the 08' and it will be badash

SO no one has one yet , oh well .

I know, right. I remember when the 09s came out. There was nothing on here but talk about the new bike. I guess motocross has officially died. Thanks 4 stroke!

I know, right. I remember when the 09s came out. There was nothing on here but talk about the new bike. I guess motocross has officially died. Thanks 4 stroke!

well said Buddy. I hope those manufactures are listening to us.

Are you saying 4 strokes killed motocross? I think its motorcycle cost in general. Not 4 stroke vs 2 stroke.

In the early 70's when I was making $88 bucks a week, after school. I could afford to buy myself a new thousand dollar 125 every year.

And I did. How many high school kids can afford to throw down $7500 on a dirt bike now?

Or maybe the question is how many high school kids are willing to work after school?

As an example

a new YZ250 costs $7200, a new YZ250F costs $7500. Thats not all that much different. They both cost a shit load o dough

There's no real direct comparison of 450 4stroke vs 2stroke models.

I bought one on aug 21st its a great bike no complaints only thing i notice diffrent from the 13 is 14 has a dark grey valve cover

IMG_20130823_180601_153.jpg

Edited by Burnwithin

Are you saying 4 strokes killed motocross? I think its motorcycle cost in general. Not 4 stroke vs 2 stroke.

In the early 70's when I was making $88 bucks a week, after school. I could afford to buy myself a new thousand dollar 125 every year.

And I did. How many high school kids can afford to throw down $7500 on a dirt bike now?

Or maybe the question is how many high school kids are willing to work after school?

As an example

a new YZ250 costs $7200, a new YZ250F costs $7500. Thats not all that much different. They both cost a shit load o dough

There's no real direct comparison of 450 4stroke vs 2stroke models.

Pice of bikes has definately caused some of it, but the main attraction of a two stroke for most people is ease of maintenance and simplicity. People like stuff thats easy and simple...like a two stroke engine. I enjoy my 450. Its a great bike. But i get a headache just thinking about putting a top end in. That never happened with the two stroke. And just the thought of one blowing up makes me sick on my stomach. I would probably go tomorrow and get one if they made a new CR350

Pice of bikes has definately caused some of it, but the main attraction of a two stroke for most people is ease of maintenance and simplicity. People like stuff thats easy and simple...like a two stroke engine. I enjoy my 450. Its a great bike. But i get a headache just thinking about putting a top end in. That never happened with the two stroke. And just the thought of one blowing up makes me sick on my stomach. I would probably go tomorrow and get one if they made a new CR350

If I'm correct there is a Honda 350 in the works....

A 350 4-stroke is rumored to be in development for eventual production, but I believe he wants a 350 2-stroke. I thought I heard that the KTM 350 sales have dropped off pretty quickly so I hoped that's not the demise of any Honda 350 development.

Yeah, i want a CR350, no F anywhere around it :lol: probably have as much or more hp as a 450 f. I think a 350 two stroke would be perfect bike. May have to break down and get a YZ250 or somethin. I honestly think the 4 strokes are messing up this sport. Around where i ride there arent nearly as many riders as there were 10-15 years ago. Gotta ask yourself why. One big reason i can think of.

I got a buddy who is a good rider but said his 250f blew up and gonna cost alot to fix. Had to quit riding. Said hes gonna look out for a good two stroke. And not only that, all my friends who used to tear into their two strokes are scared shitless to even take the valve cover off a four stroke. Didnt mean to turn this into another one of "those" threads, but not much being said about the premier mx bike from Honda.

I bought one on aug 21st its a great bike no complaints only thing i notice diffrent from the 13 is 14 has a dark grey valve cover

Congrats on the new bike. Nice lookin machine :)

Yeah, i want a CR350, no F anywhere around it :lol: probably have as much or more hp as a 450 f. I think a 350 two stroke would be perfect bike. May have to break down and get a YZ250 or somethin. I honestly think the 4 strokes are messing up this sport. Around where i ride there arent nearly as many riders as there were 10-15 years ago. Gotta ask yourself why. One big reason i can think of.

I really like the 4-strokes. If you're sincerely looking for a nice 2-stroke with a bunch of power and an advanced chassis shoot me a PM and look in the classifieds under my userid...

HEY,. how about those raiders ..

It could also be that the economy sucks and our country is being run by a bunch of  overspending morons. Lots of uncertainty these days.  I am wanting a 2014 450 and not sure which one to get.  Would love to hear the replies too.  yz kx or crf