HELP PLEASE ****1986 Honda Cr 250R will a 89 Cylinder Fit on my 86?*****

Ok guys..I bought a 89 Cyl because my 86 jug was cracked..I was told you can put the 89 cyl. on the 86 bottom end..well it bolts right up..but suprise suprise...the spindle cam does not fit the exhaust spot on the jug cyl. I also bought a 88 side cove and come to find out the water pump is close but not the same neither..the 88 has a Retainer Comp. where the spindle cam follower connects into it. The 86 does not have that at all...the spindle cams are also different.. there is ajustment on the 86 cyl for the exhaust valve and 89 is not...almost like the 86 is spring loaded..but the 89 isnt..if that make since...after seeing the waterpump is different..it makes since now..the question is since the spindle cam is different on the 86 and has a bushing like thing on the top of the bottom end..where the 89 does not...thats telling me the 89 spindle cam will be almost a half ince to short...has anyone ever put a 88~89 cyl on a 87~86 bottom end? and if so please explain how you did it? the only other thing I was thinking is one of two things...remove the bushing on the top of the 86 bottom end and put the 89 spindle cam into it and pray that it will work...or take the guts out of the 86 cyl and swap the valves over and swap the water pump on the 86 cover and put it into the 88 cover..sorry this is a long message..i been googling for days..with no answers..heres a few pic...If you can please Help me figure it out.. I would very much appreciate it... Thank You Rob* from left to right 86 then 89

DSC03411.jpg

IMAG0460 - Copy - Copy.jpg

IMAG0468 - Copy.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

honda-cr250r-1986-usa-exhaust-valve-86-87_bighu0262e0502_fba4.gif

honda-cr250r-1989-usa-exhaust-valve-88-89_bighu0262e0503_e4ee.gif

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

Ok guys..I bought a 89 Cyl because my 86 jug was cracked..I was told you can put the 89 cyl. on the 86 bottom end..well it bolts right up..but suprise suprise...the spindle cam does not fit the exhaust spot on the jug cyl. I also bought a 88 side cove and come to find out the water pump is close but not the same neither..the 88 has a Retainer Comp. where the spindle cam follower connects into it. The 86 does not have that at all...the spindle cams are also different.. there is ajustment on the 86 cyl for the exhaust valve and 89 is not...almost like the 86 is spring loaded..but the 89 isnt..if that make since...after seeing the waterpump is different..it makes since now..the question is since the spindle cam is different on the 86 and has a bushing like thing on the top of the bottom end..where the 89 does not...thats telling me the 89 spindle cam will be almost a half ince to short...has anyone ever put a 88~89 cyl on a 87~86 bottom end? and if so please explain how you did it? the only other thing I was thinking is one of two things...remove the bushing on the top of the 86 bottom end and put the 89 spindle cam into it and pray that it will work...or take the guts out of the 86 cyl and swap the valves over and swap the water pump on the 86 cover and put it into the 88 cover..sorry this is a long message..i been googling for days..with no answers..heres a few pic...If you can please Help me figure it out.. I would very much appreciate it... Thank You Rob* from left to right 86 then 89

88,89. Will match up but 86 will not match up with eithe year.

88,89. Will match up but 86 will not match up with eithe year.

Why wouldn't it? the guy from Ebay says it will...and the Shematics say they are the same...but the only thing i know for sure now that is different is the power valves are just a little bit different...I am thinking I may have to put the 86 valves into the 89 cyl...because if you look at this link..they say its the same http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/1986/CR250R+A/CYLINDER+HEAD+86-89/parts.html  i did notice the ports are a little different as well..only for better performance..and it bolts right up..are you sure you know what you talking about? :D

Switch out the valves and ring ning ning? ;)

Why wouldn't it? the guy from Ebay says it will...and the Shematics say they are the same...but the only thing i know for sure now that is different is the power valves are just a little bit different...I am thinking I may have to put the 86 valves into the 89 cyl...because if you look at this link..they say its the same http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/1986/CR250R+A/CYLINDER+HEAD+86-89/parts.html i did notice the ports are a little different as well..only for better performance..and it bolts right up..are you sure you know what you talking about? :D

fairly certain I know what I'm talking about considering I own a shop and work on these things day in and day out.

fairly certain I know what I'm talking about considering I own a shop and work on these things day in and day out.

okay..so it won't work but the cylinders shamatics are all the same...the only difference is the valves and they are very similar...so if the cylinders are the same..and the valves are different..why could't I take the hpp valves out of the 86 cylinder and put it into the 89 cyl? then put the 86~89 gasket kit on there and your saying it won't work ? can you explain why it won't? please?  because i read thread where some people put 88~89 cyl s on 86 ~ 87 bottom ends..but they never explained how they made it work with the different exhast valve bolting on to the bottom end on the top of the cylinder..and did you click on this and see that the cylinders have the same shamatics? http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cr250r-1986-usa_model7327/partslist/E++0102.html#results  or is CMS Wrong too?  just if you know this 89 cyl won't work can you please explain..and explain the

Cylinder Head '86-'89 schematic Honda Cr250r 1986 Usa  too...

explain why it wont work please

certin?http://youtu.be/oOKsTGidjjs

Wow..after trying to watch that vid..my brain is killing me. :smashpc: 

Wow..after trying to watch that vid..my brain is killing me. :smashpc: 

lol i know right?  its messed up cause the original video i got is good to go..when i put it on youtube it was all upside down and shyt.. lol  u like it tho?  i got a 89 cylinder on a 86 cr250r