Sign in to follow this  

Parts to buy over the few months..

What shall i buy first or what gives best affect

Ssw mrd pipe?

Fcr 39mm

440 bore kit

Hot cams

Im doing these mods maybe over 3 months but what order first? Maybe bore kit? And work up or im going to be taking stuff off all the time? Heard fcr is a whore to get in and out

Pipe/carb first. And the hardest part about pulling the carb is hooking the airbox boot back up. Which after 5 or 10 times it gets pretty easy, I tear down the bike and have the carb in my hand in under 10 mins.

• Like 1

Pipe/carb first. And the hardest part about pulling the carb is hooking the airbox boot back up. Which after 5 or 10 times it gets pretty easy, I tear down the bike and have the carb in my hand in under 10 mins.

i wish i could say the same. i do anything and everything possible to keep from taking out the carb. i hate it more than taking the motor out...

Gotta factor in X-mas and birthday presents.

I'll be letting the GF get me some HotCams for X-mas.

I'll probably pickup an MRD pipe and FCR-MX carb as presents to myself. Haha.

My birthday is sometime this winter as well which means I've gotta find something else in the $200-$300 range for the GF to get me. Hah.

suppose so i hate carbs there just awkwards things. Well when i get the ssw anyone who wants a fmf powercore system message me:) not free though!

Gotta factor in X-mas and birthday presents.

I'll be letting the GF get me some HotCams for X-mas.

I'll probably pickup an MRD pipe and FCR-MX carb as presents to myself. Haha.

My birthday is sometime this winter as well which means I've gotta find something else in the $200-$300 range for the GF to get me. Hah.

get some marchisni rims

get some marchisni rims

I jump my DRZ too much those beauties.

Edited by Stuwy123

suppose so i hate carbs there just awkwards things. Well when i get the ssw anyone who wants a fmf powercore system message me:) not free though!

If you don't get the carb because it's "awkward", you're looking at a huge performance loss if you invest in a pipe, BB, cams, ect.

1. Pipe

2. TT FCR

3. Hot Cams

4. Big Bore kit

I have no problems removing my FCR. If you warm up the airbox boot with a hot air gun or blow dryer on high, it slips right back on.

Mikuni carb and header are the plugs in the system, 40 hp is easily attainable with a pipe and fcr carb, big bore about 5 horsepower (unshrouds the valve pocket in the combustion chamber),stage 2 hotcams add another 2 or 3, 48 or 50 horsepower to the tyre, proven combination according to TT

1. Pipe

2. TT FCR

3. Hot Cams

4. Big Bore kit

I have no problems removing my FCR. If you warm up the airbox boot with a hot air gun or blow dryer on high, it slips right back on.

That sounds like a good tip.  I'll have to try that one out.

Pipe and carb first then bb and cams or you could just get it all at the same time and install it all at one time

Do it all at once so you can perfect the jetting in the carb for the setup your keeping long term , in effect touch it once, may be prudent to invest in some stainless valves and some good valve springs and keepers, just to be safe, the standard 2 piece valves are a bit shite apparently with revs and aggressive cams, and a manual cam chain tensioner, do all the locktite fixes while your at it, tonnes of info on TT, then your package will be reliable as, cheers

Do it all at once so you can perfect the jetting in the carb for the setup your keeping long term , in effect touch it once, may be prudent to invest in some stainless valves and some good valve springs and keepers, just to be safe, the standard 2 piece valves are a bit shite apparently with revs and aggressive cams, and a manual cam chain tensioner, do all the locktite fixes while your at it, tonnes of info on TT, then your package will be reliable as, cheers

iv done all the loctite stuff and the mcct but the list you have sounds like its getting exspensive. I only rebuilt the bike maybe 3months ago with a new crank i should of added the wide ratio gears but i didnt find out about them until the bike engine was in the frame

Those gears will be going into mine next year, pipe and carb first, save up then do big bore, valves and cams.