Head on Dirtbike crash @ Ganaraska forest.. lucky

woahh that was pretty gnarly...I've always wondered how those situations turn out we have tight and twisty single track trails here in michigan with thick brush, there all two way as well. Looks like everyone walked away which is awesome. Your friend hit the front brakes pretty hard when he saw it coming!

• Like 1

The clown that slammed on the front brakes and endo'd was totally in the wrong. Even on single track style trails u should still stay to the right on hills and blind corners. Good impact and glad no one was injured to bad. Really makes a guy think and realize that couple happen to anyone anytime. Good wake-up call.

I keep seeing a BMW commercial and a Lexus commercial both offering some type of Traffic Collision Avoidance System.  It has forward and side viewing sensors that seem to have excellent range.  I want one on the dirtbike

I think that avoidance system does  exists  for Bikes

and it's  called stay on your side  of the trail and keep your eyes open   LOL

• Like 1

I was coming down a trail and saw a rider coming from the opposite direction with their head down....I moved as far to the right as possible and was about to go by when the rider noticed me....threw hands in the air and the bike veered directly into me.  Hit my footpeg with the front wheel, broke my foot, and broke both bones in 'her' forearm.  It was a 16yr old girl riding an XR100.  I felt like Poo although their wasn't much I could do.  I knew my foot was broke, but adrenalin was still pumpin, so I rode my bike back to camp, got my Bronco and wheeled up to a point where the trail crossed so we could get her back to camp. She was a trooper, and the only thing she was upset about was that her mom would know and wouldn't let her ride her bike. 

I told her to say she fell off a skateboard :D

• Like 1

Wow they really smacked hard....stay to the right.....another good reminder. Glad no one or bikes were too damaged. The only time this has happened or I've heard of it happening is with mountain bikers. They are even more notorious then motos for cutting the corners on fire roads. This damn guy ended up with his legs over my right shoulder...practically sitting on my number plate. I was expecting a confrontation but he got down on his feet and proclaimed "that was awesome". Right....., everyone fine but dude stay on the side that oncoming traffic is NOT coming from :naughty:?