Sign in to follow this  

New Antigravity Battery

Antigravity has a new 4 Cell battery 220CCA 4.25X1.25X3.75 In 13oz. Can start 1300cc VTwin its not listed on site yet

Whaaat!!!

Was looking at this battery , Antigravity YTZ10-12.

http://www.bikebandit.com/antigravity-battery-ytz10-12?m=155124

Looks pretty good on paper. Anyone know anything about it ?  I have a Shorai LFX14L2-BS12

in my '13 XC right now and the specs say 210 CCA.

Seems this Antigravity battery has more CCA (360) which never hurts for

dead starts. Is this thing that much better. The numbers on paper (specs) for batteries

can be translated and represented so many ways.

Looks pretty good on paper. Anyone know anything about it ?  I have a Shorai LFX14L2-BS12

dead starts. Is this thing that much better. The numbers on paper (specs) for batteries

Shorai are CRAP!!

Antigravity are the best ones on market now I have one thats been on self for over a year still at 13v

Talked to Antigravity vender at SandSportSuperShow recently and "Mastera" is correct their next generation new line of batteries is called XPS and the 4 cell SC-1 model has the power of an 8 cell, great for a stock bike and can be put in a smaller space.

"Avocasingletrack" if you have any mods to your engine and can use original size battery by all means buy the 360 cca battery as the additional amp’s will help.

"Mastera" as you know my unique toy and using your 24 volt start system which works great. The people at Antigravity are about an hour an half drive from here and want me to bring my toy to their shop and do some testing of their batteries to find one that’l start my engine. Hope to do this in a couple weeks.

Size and space are always the problem. The people at miraibatteries.com offer small Lithium batteries and have unique dual terminal post option.

"HJ"     :cheers: 

Shorai are CRAP!!

I am running a ballistic evo2 4 cell in my pig. The first one was a dud. The inside terminal developed a hair line crack. It was replaced by warranty over the counter around a year ago and the replacement has been trouble free. It only weighs .979 lbs!! and is 135 cranking amps. They claim its good for up to a 350cc single cylinder, but it kicks over the pig without any difficulty. It has seen bone chilling freezing winter rides as well as 100f summer weather and has never needed charging. Not bad for about $100.

Shorai are CRAP!!

Bold statement... Mine's been going strong for two years now. No problems. What sort of crap should I anticipate? :thinking:

• Like 2

Bold statement... Mine's been going strong for two years now. No problems. What sort of crap should I anticipate? :thinking:

Exactly, they're not crap, it's just that I have the largest one that will fit in my battery tray. The YTZ10-12 has the same dimensions but has about an additional 150 CCA .

That would be good, I have a slightly modded SX head , the Shorai and E-start will start it, but extra CCA would be nice for dead start races. Battery numbers/specs are hard to go by since they are often looked at different ways, i donno , no standard measure used by everyone i guess. What's the deal, the yzt10-12 is really 150 more cca than the Shorai of the same size/dimensions ?  I'd buy it if it does.

Talked to Antigravity vender at SandSportSuperShow recently and "Mastera" is correct their next generation new line of batteries is called XPS and the 4 cell SC-1 model has the power of an 8 cell, great for a stock bike and can be put in a smaller space.

"Avocasingletrack" if you have any mods to your engine and can use original size battery by all means buy the 360 cca battery as the additional amp’s will help.

"Mastera" as you know my unique toy and using your 24 volt start system which works great. The people at Antigravity are about an hour an half drive from here and want me to bring my toy to their shop and do some testing of their batteries to find one that’l start my engine. Hope to do this in a couple weeks.

Bet 2 of new 4cell sc-1 will do it

They use cheap China made cells Antigravity 100% made in USA. To me thats a big thing

They use cheap China made cells Antigravity 100% made in USA. To me thats a big thing

Fair enough.

Bet 2 of new 4cell sc-1 will do it

Hope to get a single Antigravity 12v battery, already have a two battery 24v system installed, no decompression release needed. 

Quad_24v_03.JPG

"HJ"      :cheers:

Hope to get a single Antigravity 12v battery, already have a two battery 24v system installed, no decompression release needed. 

attachicon.gifQuad_24v_03.JPG

Will not do it! The XR650L starter problems has nothing to do with battery the starter system it self is weak even with the starter motor you have you can hookup a car battery at 12v it will not do it. Thats why you need to up the motors hp give it a kick in the ASS! The only way to do that is 24v but you know that! You will be wasting your time

Mastera, yes your correct, told him I tried regular sized car 12v battery 650cca, not very good success, but you know the salesman mentality, going to go prove my point. Any 12v system with my motor requires me to use the manual decompression, spin first and release at the right moment, not with 24v drives wright thru compression stroke and starts.