KTM 2T Suspension Tuner database

MODS, please leave this in the KTM 2T forum as we all know KTM 2Ts can use a little help in the suspension department...and it almost always leads to said person sending it out to a professional

For the posters:

It's easy...tell us what kind of riding you do, how fast you (really) are, who you've used....and your opinions of each.

Me:

Expert level off road guy

Soon to be an A level desert racer

Slower Vet B MX'er

I've used:

Trail Tricks: good for more woodsy type riding, IMO he didn't understand Desert needs. But this doesn't matter cause he isn't operating in the US anymore

RG3: not that good IMO

CLEAN RACING: based out of Costa Mesa...used to be WP's main guy. Knows his shit. Great prices, highly recommend

TBT: who I currently use. He does everybody except Factory KTMs stuff. Look at any Dirtbike magazine, and you're likely to find his stickers on the top off road pro's bike (regardless of brand). But he does MX and SX valving for a lot of pro level guys too. Very well priced, excellent support (especially if you're a racer). Haven't found anyone who's better or more popular (out west) yet

Party on!!!

• Like 1

On the weekends and play riding i ride mostly single track in the Pacific Northwest. Lots of rocks, roots, and ruts. Mostly clay based so during the summer it is dry and silty, almost blue groove in some places it seems and during the wet months its like trying to find traction on snot covered tin foil. I also race cross country events in the 40 plus amateur class. I currently ride a 2013 ktm 350xcf-w with just springs for my weight. My past bike was a 2010 ktm 250sx modded for woods racing. I had Dave at Promotion Suspension in Vancouver, WA do my suspension work and i can honestly say the suspension on the two bikes almost feels the same except the pro motion suspension seemed a bit better when the going go fast. I have had Dave do several of my bikes and he lives just up the road so he gets my business.

• Like 1

Actually could use some advice on suspension setup. Until six months ago my entire 35 years of riding experience was in Colorado. There I was a mid pack B rider. Moved to Tucson, AZ and its a whole new ball game. Not used to riding bottomless sand washes, silt, and tight, rutted, sand corners. I've definitely demoted myself to the C rider ranks here. Working my @$$ off to change that.

Open to some suspension setup suggestions for this type of terrain. When the terrain opens up I'm just fine but when it gets tighter I am getting shut down pretty hard. Not real comfortable with the constant feel like I'm about to lose the front end. This has caused me to blow corners on more than one occasion.

Me:

165lbs fully geared

5'10

Bike:

2013 300XC

Stock Springs

Sag set to KTM manual spec

Front and rear clickers set to the sport settings per the manual.

I can look up sag and clicker settings if need be.

Looking for a good desert setup.

Former Low Level MX Pro

Expert Level off road racer/rider     *rarely race anymore

A level MX'er                                   * II         II       II

Mostly woods with some desert terrain thrown in

I use a lot of Pro Circuit stuff...really like it....but you pay for it.

Had Travis at TBT do some work for me.  Probably the best bang for your buck out there

Ohlins is good...but it costs a lot....and nobody is too familiar with it.  For that kind of dough you're probably better off spending spending it on Pro Circuit A kit stuffI

I've heard good things about ESR for off road applications

Actually could use some advice on suspension setup. Until six months ago my entire 35 years of riding experience was in Colorado. There I was a mid pack B rider. Moved to Tucson, AZ and its a whole new ball game. Not used to riding bottomless sand washes, silt, and tight, rutted, sand corners. I've definitely demoted myself to the C rider ranks here. Working my @$$ off to change that.

Open to some suspension setup suggestions for this type of terrain. When the terrain opens up I'm just fine but when it gets tighter I am getting shut down pretty hard. Not real comfortable with the constant feel like I'm about to lose the front end. This has caused me to blow corners on more than one occasion.

Me:

165lbs fully geared

5'10

Bike:

2013 300XC

Stock Springs

Sag set to KTM manual spec

Front and rear clickers set to the sport settings per the manual.

I can look up sag and clicker settings if need be.

Looking for a good desert setup.

Run more sag then what the manual says.  I'm talking like 120mm of sag.  That helps a lot