Sign in to follow this  

Stripped Frame Oil Drain Plug on 1995 DR350, know its specs?

As the title says, i stripped my frame oil drain plug.  I want a replacment before I take it off, however, I can't seem to find its specificatoins, or a place to buy it anywhere.

Different models from the same fiche.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/2

It looks like the first number 18 on rmatv's website is for 1990 kicker and (model l), while all other models share the same drain plug.

FYI it's also a good idea to replace the crush washers at every oil change and you should always torque the drain plug as well.

Different models from the same fiche.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/2

It looks like the first number 18 on rmatv's website is for 1990 kicker and (model l), while all other models share the same drain plug.

FYI it's also a good idea to replace the crush washers at every oil change and you should always torque the drain plug as well.

I bought this bike used, I never knew anything about the crush washers or if it was even supposed to have them.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Looking at the parts diagram you linked i thought they were just o rings.  I took off the crankcase oil bolt and it didn't have one with it.  I'm guessing the previous owners did without it.  And what do you mean by torque the drain plug? Use a torque wrench instead of doing it by hand?

Hey.

I need to replace the frame oil plug crush washer on my 96 dr350se, but the local Zuk shop can't find the part number on their fishe. I looked at their fishe screen as well and it does not show a frame oil plug/washer on the picture.

Any suggestions?

Update: I had a look at the fiche, could it be part number: 09168-10002? (Part 19 on the oil hose page?).

Edited by scharfg