Cam Chain Guide Install

Hello, I am new to this forum.. I am just about ready to finish the installment of the Athena 440 big bore cylinder. But I forgot how to but the removable cam chain guide in :S. So if anyone please can give me some guidance on this subject?? 

Thnx in advance (Cant wait to ride..!!!)

Both cam chain guides are removable... Front one is held in location by the head, the rear by a fastener under the right  side cover.

Assuming your talking about the front guide which can be removed when you pull the head.

The front guide slips in front of the chain.. there is a cylinder looking retainer on guide about 1/3 the way down from the top of the guide.. That retainer fits into a notch on the cylinder

1916_10.gif

The bottom of the guide fits into a pocket in the case.... you just have to drop the guide down in a "normal" installed angle and the guide will fit.

front guide pocket.jpg

post-330790-0-32183000-13620341821.jpg

All perfectly correct.  What motor is that a picture of?

All perfectly correct.  What motor is that a picture of?

LOL.. I knew someone would notice..

Not a DRZ400.... but it was the only thing I had on hand that illustrated the "pocket" for the front cam chain guide.... :lol:

All fixed.... cropped another pic I had to make the point..

DRay - It is pretty easy to miss that pocket.  Use care to assure it is in correct.

EM - Thanks

Thanks Brother.. This is my first time opening an engine. I just started the motor. It runs wel but it sounds like it has a little rattling noise( Sorry for my english i am from Holland) I dont know if that is normal of not. When i bought the bike i only could ride 150 km with it then the cylinder was messed up.

Thnx again for your response

BTW i only found one slot that fits the cam chain guide but it was not exact next to the cam chain. I hope it was the right one. I just ridden the bike and it rides good.

BTW i only found one slot that fits the cam chain guide but it was not exact next to the cam chain. I hope it was the right one. I just ridden the bike and it rides good.

Looks like this 

cam chain guide notch.jpg

DRay - You can always remove the motor side cover to check the fitment if the cam chain guide.  And if you do that, do the preventative maintenance fixes.  Loctite (thread locker) on the primary nut, and balance shat nut and i do the clutch nut too.

What are you using for a cam chain tensioner?  Installed and/or adjusted correctly? Post a picture?