can a bad float level make your bike run bad?

My carburetor Is been wasting alot of gas saturday the bike started on the second kick then sunday i went to my favorite track and the bike would no start had to push it down a big hill then it finally started.. soo can a really high float level make your bike run bad???.

Yeah id definatly say that by not having the flaot level correctly adjusted to the manuals spec, that the bike will run bad, i know i was fouling alot of plugs on my 250sx due to float level. It sorted that and now it starts first kick everytime and doesnt foul plugs

Yeah id definatly say that by not having the flaot level correctly adjusted to the manuals spec, that the bike will run bad, i know i was fouling alot of plugs on my 250sx due to float level. It sorted that and now it starts first kick everytime and doesnt foul plugs

ok my is fouling a brand new spark plug i put in... i will be adjusting my float level today

Also check you jetting. That can also cause hard to start problems if they are the wrong type. Do you have a manual? Let me know how you get on mate

Also check you jetting. That can also cause hard to start problems if they are the wrong type. Do you have a manual? Let me know how you get on mate

yes i have the owners and service manual ... and the bike was running great intel the floats started acting up

yes i have the owners and service manual ... and the bike was running great intel the floats started acting up