oh no, broken 1992 steering head

Hi all,

I am getting desperate in seeking a replacement steering head for my 1992 wr360.

No luck on Ebay over the last three months. 

On the attached image you will see the broken one... :-(

IMAG0243.jpg

Any ideas for getting this machine driving again, please?

Hi all,

I am getting desperate in seeking a replacement steering head for my 1992 wr360.

No luck on Ebay over the last three months. 

On the attached image you will see the broken one... :-(

📎IMAG0243.jpg

Any ideas for getting this machine driving again, please?

Hi,

are they the same forks as the TE 350..??,

I suspect you can still find those - maybe needing the pair of clamps though..,

Charlie

Thanks Charlie,

I don't know the specifications of the TE350 forks - so if anyone do, please post them, so I can compare. If the clamps are not integrated with the steering head, though, I don't really see how it would fit.

Joachim

Thanks Charlie,

I don't know the specifications of the TE350 forks - so if anyone do, please post them, so I can compare. If the clamps are not integrated with the steering head, though, I don't really see how it would fit.

Joachim

hi,

which forks are you using,

Marzocchi?,  USD..??, 

Charlie

Thanks Charlie,

Joachim

hi again Joachim,,

study these brochure pictures, to see what is the same as yours, 

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1034455-difference-between-92-and-93-wxcs/

charlie

Hey Charlie,
thanks for linking to brochure pictures. I couldn't actually recognize the significant differences from the pictures, but the name SHOWA that the discussion thread relates to the 1992 model DOES appear on my fork.

The diameter of my fork leg (where it goes through the steering head and clamps) is 54mm by the way. I mention this because I already by mistake bought one new fork that looked like it would fit - but didn't on a number of aspects (leg diameter, wheel axel diameter, brake mount)...