Sign in to follow this  

maintenance help?

hey guys! currently working on a ship and bought a 13 rmz450. should be here next week. I'm wondering what I should buy in advance? I will be all trail and woods riding. I'm thinking a handful of oil filters, air filters, couple gallons of rotella 15w40 and I'm not sure what else. I don't know anything about air filter maintenance. I have a 07 kx450f with maybe 15 hours on it since I've had it so I've only done oil changes..

any advice on general maintenance for my type of riding would be perfect!! thanks!!

When new I changed oil and filter after 2 hrs ,then again after 3 and now I am doing every 4-6 and oil filter every second.

+ on the rotella.

I check and clean strainer #1every oil change and strainer #2 I checked once and there was no debry or anything it was clean. strainer 2 is behind the magneto cover and behind the oil pump.

Takes a bit to get at but not hard.

I clean air filter after every ride. Get air filter cleaner and air filter oil. Clean let dry then oil.

I have a 2nd air filter always ready.

I bought the no toil air filter cage and filter. The cage has no backfire screen and the filter is flame resistant. Supoost to let more air in.

Bike is stock except:

No toil air filter and cage

Graphics kit

Two brothers m7 vale full exhaust(love the sound of the exhaust) be warned its loud

When new I changed oil and filter after 2 hrs ,then again after 3 and now I am doing every 4-6 and oil filter every second.

+ on the rotella.

I check and clean strainer #1every oil change and strainer #2 I checked once and there was no debry or anything it was clean. strainer 2 is behind the magneto cover and behind the oil pump.

I clean air filter after every ride. Get air filter cleaner and air filter oil. Clean let dry then oil.

I bought the no toil air filter cage and filter. The cage has no backfire screen and the filter is flame resistant. Supoost to let more air in.

Bike is stock except:

Graphics kit

Two brothers m7 vale full exhaust(love the sound of the exhaust) be warned its loud

+ on the rotella.

Bike is stock except:

Graphics kit

interesting.. I was looking at that exhaust earlier actually! love it. was thinking of only getting a slip on though, ill figure it out soon! thanks for the information though :)

Price difference is 100$ between full and slip

interesting.. it probably will not be until spring when I buy exhaust now. it's late in the year. I bought sweet n style rockstar graphics online for my bike today. will look really mean ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1380163063.728173.jpgwith black rear number plates which I have ordered as well!