Sign in to follow this  

Never raced before, want to try it

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but here it is: I've never raced before, but I definitely want to. My questions are, how do you get into racing, just sign up? And I have a 2008 WR250F, is that okay or do I need something like a yz?

Just sign up! Literally show up, grab a sign up sheet, fill it out, have some good numbers on your bike and go race. Dirt bike racing is pretty much run what ya brung! :)

• Like 2

I agree with everyone else. Also, the gate is the most adrenaline packed, anxious, excited, coolest place on earth. No matter where you finish youll be proud and happy. Little story, my first race I was so excited and out of my element that when the gate dropped I let the clutch out and my bike reved to the moon. Forgot to put it in gear......................

• Like 1

I agree with everyone else. Also, the gate is the most adrenaline packed, anxious, excited, coolest place on earth. No matter where you finish youll be proud and happy. Little story, my first race I was so excited and out of my element that when the gate dropped I let the clutch out and my bike reved to the moon. Forgot to put it in gear......................

Classic.

Nice, sounds like something I might end up doing

Do it! Do it! Do it! Get out there and have fun.

I'm going to the track next season, since riding season is just about over here now

• Like 1