Sign in to follow this  

FCR Slant Card

Hi All,

Busy fitting an FCR Slant Side 39mm carb to my DRZ400SM, do the jetting specs for the FCR MX carb apply to the slant body carb ?

I found below specs in the FAQ section on how to fit the MX carb.

I live in JHB, South Africa nad alltitude here is 1694masl or 5557 feet.

150 main jet
200 main air jet
EMP needle
clip 3
45 pilot jet
remove pilot air jet
2 turns fuel screw
o-ring mod

Thanks and regards

Rob

No.

150 main jet----OK
200 main air jet-----OK
EMP needle-----EMN
clip 3----OK
45 pilot jet-----OK
remove pilot air jet------NO.  Use 100 jet (assuming no CE)
2 turns fuel screw------Probably close. Set as needed
o-ring mod-----No. The slant body is the "eddie mod"

What is the source of the carb?  It makes a difference on how it fits and if it has (had) a coast enrichener (CE).

• Like 1

Thanks Noble,

I got the carb new from Lanston Racing, got it fitted but will only start with the choke out and bogs badly. I will order jets as you suggested. What is coast enrichener ?

Regards

Rob

CE coast enrichener is a system to richen the mixture on closed throttle coast to reduce popping in the exhaust.  You do not have it, don't worry about it.  Often deleted.

It is normal to only start with the choke on.  If the choke needs to remain on after a minute or so, that is not normal.  If you are trying to run it with no pilot air jet, that is your problem.

I do not know how/why the removal of the pilot air jet came about.  It is only applicable to specific limited applications and even then I question it.

Hi, I did above jetting changes but bike will only start and idle with the choke out ? If I push the choke back in it dies immediatly no matter how hot the engine.

Also noticed that the it is sucking air in through the vent pipe (one in the middle of the carb) and if I block vent pipe it dies immediatly ?

Any help ? It is driving me nuts taking this carb in and out !

My pilot aair jet is adjustable, does this have anything to do with it ?

Thanks for help.

CE is removed right?

Adjustable pilot air jet - seat lightly then back out 1 turn. (equal to a 100 fixed jet)

Plug all the nipples on the carb for the CE - 2 on the carb body (or only 1 if the intake adapter does not have a nipple for the CE),  Does that nipple on the side of the carb have a 90 jet in it or just an open hole?

You answered the question on the source of the carb but we still do not know the original application of the carb.  Was it from a DRZ400E?

How about some pictures?

CE is removed right?

Adjustable pilot air jet - seat lightly then back out 1 turn. (equal to a 100 fixed jet)

Plug all the nipples on the carb for the CE - 2 on the carb body (or only 1 if the intake adapter does not have a nipple for the CE),  Does that nipple on the side of the carb have a 90 jet in it or just an open hole?

You answered the question on the source of the carb but we still do not know the original application of the carb.  Was it from a DRZ400E?

How about some pictures?

i got a very nice slant fcr today, locally..  from 2005 drz e model

its going on my sm,

im going to order the sudco 021-216 bell house adapter monday

do i take off the TPS???

It did have a coast enricher on it

imagejpeg_0_5_zps22a7ef82.jpeg

i removed the C/E coast enricher.. and found a jet,, green circle.. it was connected to a C/E hose..

what do i do here?

CAM00486_zps11f95776.jpeg

Edited by 707LAKE

i got a very nice slant fcr today, locally..  from 2005 drz e model

its going on my sm,

im going to order the sudco 021-216 bell house adapter monday

do i take off the TPS???

It did have a coast enricher on it

i removed the C/E coast enricher.. and found a jet,, green circle.. it was connected to a C/E hose..

what do i do here?

I would leave the TPS sensor in, just don't connect it.

Connect the port circled in green to the port above and slightly to the left of it with a piece of unkinked vacuum hose. Or you can cap those 2 ports but then you have to change the pilot air jet to a 100. Linking the ports requires no change of the pilot air jet.

There is a picture of what it looks like with them connected in this post http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/494054-what-did-you-do-to-your-drz-today/?p=11384380

Edited by Wisconsinite762
  • Like 1

I would leave the TPS sensor in, just don't connect it.

Connect the port circled in green to the port above and slightly to the left of it with a piece of unkinked vacuum hose. Or you can cap those 2 ports but then you have to change the pilot air jet to a 100. Linking the ports requires no change of the pilot air jet.

There is a picture of what it looks like with them connected in this post http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/494054-what-did-you-do-to-your-drz-today/?p=11384380

in the 1st method, in the pic provided he hooks the green circle to the C/E hole in the airboot adapter. and i have to replace that airboot adapter to fit my sm..

i think the sudco adapters dont have that C/E hole on the adapter like the E's..?

Edited by 707LAKE

in the 1st method, in the pic provided he hooks the green circle to the C/E hole in the airboot adapter. and i have to replace that airboot adapter to fit my sm..

i think the sudco adapters dont have that C/E hole on the adapter like the E's..?

Nothing connects to the air boot adapter, just link the carb ports..

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 1

If that is the case you will have to plug the port and replace the pilot air jet with a 100.

You can replace the air boot adapter to fit the SM air boot or use a E air boot the fit the adapter you have.

If you can not connect the 2 nipples, plug the small nipple (with the 90 jet) and use a 100 pilot air jet (or adjustable air jet set 1 turn open).  It will run by just leaving the 1 nipple open but you are allowing unfiltered air to enter the carb

• Like 1

Craig.  The upper nipple in the picture is part of the replaceable air boot adapter.  Poster is correct, if the air boot adapter is replaced, there is no nipple to connect to.

100 pilot air jet (or adjustable air jet set 1 turn open). 

use the 100 jet 1 turn out, from being lightly set?

Edited by 707LAKE

Craig.  The upper nipple in the picture is part of the replaceable air boot adapter.  Poster is correct, if the air boot adapter is replaced, there is no nipple to connect to.

I agree, sorry I miss read the info...Just got back from an over night 1200 km truck drive

The sudco adapter won't have the port nipple...

Cap the bottom port and use a std 100 pilot air jet,(fully seated) also available at sudco or jetrus

• Like 1

I agree, sorry I miss read the info...Just got back from an over night 1200 km truck drive

The sudco adapter won't have the port nipple...

Cap the bottom port and use a std 100 pilot air jet,(fully seated) also available at sudco or jetrus

damn it... ibeen looking repeatedly on jetsrus and cannot find the 100 pilot air jet for a fcr

i can find main jets for the fcr but thats it