Sign in to follow this  

KX100 Jetting

Son has a 2007 KX100. He is in the process of installing a Pro Circuit Platinum pipe on the bike. Been years since I worked on 2 strokes but I'm wondering if he will have to re-jet the bike for the new exhaust? Are there any additional adjustments that should be made?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes you will have to jet with that pipe. Most likely going to go up a size or 2 on the main. Pilot should stay the same but may go up one depending on elevation, temps, riding ability, etc.

Just FYI, the FAQ section is a wonderous place. http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/601049-kawasaki-kx-kdx-faq/

Don't ask me to remember too much on the jetting specifics. This was done 6 yrs ago.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/783126-kx100-pipe-test-85-too/

Edited by SAPPERS

Thanks for the help SAPPERS :thumbsup: I only did a google search and nothing popped up :( I actually found some Pro Circuit info online. Their chart says keep the main jet (138) the same, and change the pilot jet from a 45 to a 42 and change to clip position 2.

What does changing the clip position actually do??

http://www.procircuit.com/jettingspecs2.htm

Edited by AlloyToy

That clip is what controls midrange to almost top to some extent. Leaning the clip to the 2nd from top will keep it from blubbering and falling on it's face at the start (if your mx racing). On our stock 100 we mainly ran 138 main 42 pilot and 2nd from top on the needle using Maxima K2 at 32:1 mix with 98 octane. 

That clip is what controls midrange to almost top to some extent. Leaning the clip to the 2nd from top will keep it from blubbering and falling on it's face at the start (if your mx racing). On our stock 100 we mainly ran 138 main 42 pilot and 2nd from top on the needle using Maxima K2 at 32:1 mix with 98 octane.  Thanks for your help. He is going to race the J-Day (MX/Wood/trails) races with the bike....we run Spectro oil and he has complained of the bike bogging a lot. It's been years since I raced and olways had 125 2S bikes (CR's) so it's kinda cool to have a son getting into this now....just forgot so much over the years. Thanks for all the help

My daughters 85 has a bad bogging problem as well when you get on the throttle. I think I finally figured this out. I found that when you hold the choke up it runs like a champ so I'm gonna pick up a few pilots and go bigger on those. I have 2 leaner ones thinking that what it needed.

Her choke seal is worn out so I taped it to stay up and let her ride it. No bog and rips right into the pipe. The last race she did, I left the choke taped up and it ran great and plug even still looked good. She's not a fast rider, by any means, but the bog kills her in the turns.