Sign in to follow this  

pipe? for yfz 450

i was wondering if i got a pipe just the pipe and put it on my bike if i would need to rejet it? because i already went to the hell of getting it jetted correctly. someone said stock pipe is the best? but i think maybe one that is not is. could someone hit me up with a few pipe just the pipe. if it is loud it does not matter. just something under 300. thank you and have a good day.

i was wondering if i got a pipe just the pipe and put it on my bike if i would need to rejet it? because i already went to the hell of getting it jetted correctly. someone said stock pipe is the best? but i think maybe one that is not is. could someone hit me up with a few pipe just the pipe. if it is loud it does not matter. just something under 300. thank you and have a good day.

if you're gonna get a pipe , get a full pipe. The DG bullet full exhaust is awesome for the 450!

Pipes don't make a huge difference, if one at all. You can spend your money on something much more worth the $300~...Like a seat cover, skid plates, powdercoat work, new plastics, etc.

Pipes don't make a huge difference, if one at all. You can spend your money on something much more worth the $300~...Like a seat cover, skid plates, powdercoat work, new plastics, etc.

pipes on smaller bore bikes make no difference(for the most part ). But for 450s they make a very noticeable difference.

pipes on smaller bore bikes make no difference(for the most part ). But for 450s they make a very noticeable difference.

That is more or less the complete opposite. Head pipes on bigger (race) engines are high performance from the factory. The stock yfz pipe is a great pipe and there is no need to replace it.

That is more or less the complete opposite. Head pipes on bigger (race) engines are high performance from the factory. The stock yfz pipe is a great pipe and there is no need to replace it.

I'm not talking just head pipes. I was talking about full pipes.

I'm not talking just head pipes. I was talking about full pipes.

Cans do not affect performance whatsoever. When you buy an exhaust system the minute power difference that is made is through the head pipe.

false. Aftermarket cams are more free flowing. They do increase HP.

everybody believes what they want to believe.

To the op-don't waste your money on an exhaust, 450 exhausts are very high quality. You can spend the money on something that will affect performance much more.

If you will just install a slip on pipe, no need for re-jetting. A full system will require some rejetting to compensate the air and fuel mixture alteration. Now it depends on your need. A slip on will surely be more noiser but not significant hp increase compared to a full system.

Yes if you get a slip on or full exhaust you need to re-jet your bike. Just go to the website of the exhaust you buy and they should tell you their recommended main / pilot jet sizes and c-clip positioning.