Anyone ever painted an Exhaust end cap? DIY

The tip on my XL was mad eout of regular mild steel pipe and was polished but it just rusts. The previous owner must have broken a couple of the internal nuts off so the cap can't be taken off to replace with a stainless one. For the heck of it I polished it again and sprayed it with Rustoleum's clear coat and it has stayed all summer. It isn't the same as bare polished steel but it is glossy and clear, good enough till I get a new silencer sometime.

ok color is no different just go to an auto parts store and find the engine paint pick a color but yes sand it and spray i painted the whole pipe and silencer on a honda i had and it never faded or chipped but do a couple of coats like spray it once then sand it with a high git sand paper then spray it again and u should be good to go

ok color is no different just go to an auto parts store and find the engine paint pick a color but yes sand it and spray i painted the whole pipe and silencer on a honda i had and it never faded or chipped but do a couple of coats like spray it once then sand it with a high git sand paper then spray it again and u should be good to go

yup forgot about that. sand it...clean it good. Tape it off to prevent over spray