Got my first taste of a wheelie!

Ohhh baby, im liking this, was in 3rd and snapped the throttle and said ahh f**k it!! and rode the wheelie for like 10ft. then started shi*** myself and dropped the front by that time was going to fast for confort, i did noticed that i landed locking the rear, like i said in a different post the rear lever may be to high...also as soon as the bike lifted my body leaned forward, need to get confy doing this , gonna get my mtb and start practicing ......... 

What is mtb?

Mountain Bike 

Just find the right balance when it's up. Which always feels like it's about to roll back but it's not. Here's a pic from last summer on my old bike.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1380142070.026609.jpg

Just find the right balance when it's up. Which always feels like it's about to roll back but it's not. Here's a pic from last summer on my old bike.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1380142070.026609.jpg

Are you kidding me..... that thing is vertical, ill never get there

Edited by thieaux

Are you kidding me..... that thing is vertical, ill never get there

That's what I said the year before, It just comes with practice, you'll get it. This one was a bit high for my tastes, but in the entire 3 years of riding I've only gone off the back once.

That's what I said the year before, It just comes with practice, you'll get it. This one was a bit high for my tastes, but in the entire 3 years of riding I've only gone off the back once.

I went off the back once...won't ever forget it....hurt for months.

I went off the back once...won't ever forget it....hurt for months.

How fast were you going? I was only in second or third gear. Did a few rolls on the ground and was fine.

What about a left hadn brake , just for confort?

Just find the right balance when it's up. Which always feels like it's about to roll back but it's not. Here's a pic from last summer on my old bike.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1380142070.026609.jpg

From a while back on my XL350. Picture was taken before I got vertical.

35742_1244277121791_3653125_n.jpg

What about a left hadn brake , just for confort?

Just use the foot brake?

How fast were you going? I was only in second or third gear. Did a few rolls on the ground and was fine.

I was haulin butt...4th gear on a dirt road. My foot slipped off the brake at the wrong time, and over I went.  Skinned up everything from my chin to my shin. That was a summer of suck.

Edited by Slackkinhard

wheelie are fun! and with  four strokes, you also got the compression to save you if you go too far. Practice saving it just by rolling off the throttle, then you will be able to snap the throttle again to continue the wheelie!

wheelie are fun! and with four strokes, you also got the compression to save you if you go too far. Practice saving it just by rolling off the throttle, then you will be able to snap the throttle again to continue the wheelie!

Exactly, still figuring out the two stroke after coming from a 250f

Yeah learn the hard way that 2 strokes dont engine brake this afternooon when downshifted to lean into a hard right

Exactly, still figuring out the two stroke after coming from a 250f

With 2 strokes you can't go too far back unless you cover the rear brake. Stil quite easy!

and once you getting the feel right, if you wanna steer during wheelie, all you have to do is put your pressure on the peg the side you wanna turn

Start on a slight uphill grade as this keeps it from gaining speed to quickly and since it's slow you're less likely to hurt yourself or the bike. You'll get the feel for the balance point and rear brake control along with changing of the gears. Honest, this way works.

Craigus

I was haulin butt...4th gear on a dirt road. My foot slipped off the brake at the wrong time, and over I went.  Skinned up everything from my chin to my shin. That was a summer of suck.

I went over and off the back but did way better than you.  In fact, I may have landed on my feet.  I don't remember rolling on the ground at all.  I did OK but the bike didn't. It tumbled and flopped...and bent the frame up front just behind the steering head.