Sign in to follow this  

Gas tank

Quick question, on the 02 ktm the gas tank has 2 sides that slide over the frame. How would the gas from the right side get to the left to fuel the carb?

Quick question, on the 02 ktm the gas tank has 2 sides that slide over the frame. How would the gas from the right side get to the left to fuel the carb?

it sloshes over

Whips BRO! You gotta learn how to throw nasty whips to the left off of every thing you see! Props to KTM for putting all of their new riders on such a steep learning curve. They're like "either whip this bad boy like your going for XGames gold! Or push it back to the truck... Witch ever you prefer!" Haha!

All jokes aside though.. If you find your self in a situation where you are running low (or out) of fuel. You can just lay your bike over to slosh the extra fuel over to the left side. Think of it as an extra little reserve tank. I ride a 300xc and have had to do it in the past on long single track rides.

Whips BRO! You gotta learn how to throw nasty whips to the left off of every thing you see! Props to KTM for putting all of their new riders on such a steep learning curve. They're like "either whip this bad boy like your going for XGames gold! Or push it back to the truck... Witch ever you prefer!" Haha!

All jokes aside though.. If you find your self in a situation where you are running low (or out) of fuel. You can just lay your bike over to slosh the extra fuel over to the left side. Think of it as an extra little reserve tank. I ride a 300xc and have had to do it in the past on long single track rides.

Haha yeah whip and drag bars to prevent walking the bike..that's crazy honestly think it's a bad design

But thanks for the input guys ! Maybe ill cut a hole in the right side and run another hose if it gets to be aggravating

I'll have to remember that cause last time I ran out of gas it was right as I hit a table top and it was a pretty bad nose dive. Lol. I'll have to remember to lean the bike to the left at some point if i'm getting low on gas.

Since everyone's talking about it. I'm new to track riding. I've been able to nail all the jumps pretty good now and getting somewhat fast. Imo. But I havn't had the balls to try to whip the bike yet over jumps. I really want to learn though and think i'm ready. Can anyone tell me the basic idea of what you do whenever you whip? Like what body movement or easiest way to straighten it out etc. I've heard just push the bike with your foot and turn the opposite way/lean and to straighten it just hit the gas and it'll straighten out. But havn't tried it cause I don't really trust those instructions. In a way it sounds right. But at the same time It just doesn't sound 100% right to me.

Edited by KGAP1

I'll have to remember that cause last time I ran out of gas it was right as I hit a table top and it was a pretty bad nose dive. Lol. I'll have to remember to lean the bike to the left at some point if i'm getting low on gas.

Since everyone's talking about it. I'm new to track riding. I've been able to nail all the jumps pretty good now and getting somewhat fast. Imo. But I havn't had the balls to try to whip the bike yet over jumps. I really want to learn though and think i'm ready. Can anyone tell me the basic idea of what you do whenever you whip? Like what body movement or easiest way to straighten it out etc. I've heard just push the bike with your foot and turn the opposite way/lean and to straighten it just hit the gas and it'll straighten out. But havn't tried it cause I don't really trust those instructions. In a way it sounds right. But at the same time It just doesn't sound 100% right to me.

Don't go big on your first whips, ease your way into them.

YouTube ricky charmicheal how to whip. He gives a perfect lesson.