What all goes in to getting a bike ready for mx

??

Like parts ect

Like parts ect

depends. For a stck class if say just tight bearings, newer tires, chain , sprockets, and brakes and definitely suspension work. If you're racing a mod class then I'd say you want the same as for a stock class but with a aftermarket pipe, possibly motor work (bored, ported, polished) , for sure suspension work. Possibly different clutch. Some Biger up racers will do wheels and everything to save a slight amount of weight.

a bike with good tires, sprockets, gas and dialed suspension. dont waste your money on bling or anything else.

Bc I'm gonna be picking up a 09 kx450f bc I'm a bigger guy l

And I'm coming from riding race quads so I'm kinda new to the bike scene

dont waste your money on bling or anything else

That right there is the best advise you can get. Those $100 graphics kits, $50 for fancy font number plates, colored chains / tires, etc will not help you one bit and not make you turn one second faster lap times. First and foremost is seat time. Save your money for fuel,oil and fees to get some hours on that seat.

Will do

Bc I'm gonna be picking up a 09 kx450f bc I'm a bigger guy l

That is a very nice, capable bike. Dial in the susp for your needs and rip. You will do fine.

Thanks I'll give it hell lol

You don't need powder coated nipples, or a bunch of anodized crap that has NO bearing on performance.

Get the proper springs for your weight if you have time before your race. Fresh gas, clean air filter, fresh oil is about it. Set your race sag and go have fun.

Edited by SMarquez

Only thing would be a different pipe

Gas

Its a 450, no pipe necessary, trust me. And get lots of gas, lots of oil, and that's about it, all proceeds go to bike, no bling necessary, no excess bull, be the guy with his bike on a plastic bucket who blows away the blinged out bikes, its a pretty cool feeling

Its a 450, no pipe necessary, trust me. And get lots of gas, lots of oil, and that's about it, all proceeds go to bike, no bling necessary, no excess bull, be the guy with his bike on a plastic bucket who blows away the blinged out bikes, its a pretty cool feeling

Haha ok will do

Lol it'll be fun seeing I'm coming from race quads lol

Lol it'll be fun seeing I'm coming from race quads lol

you should be okay. I raced quads and bikes when I was younger. Always him thought ( and still do to this day) that quads are harder to run fast anywere including the track !

Does my heart good to see a quad convert. :D your gonna want to start by getting a monster energy grafix and some monster drinks too. Probably some chrome here and there and some powder coated frame

Monster is my fav drink but I don't need the fancy plastics lol

Suspension period! Other then maintenance and repairs the rest should be spent on gas and tires....