Sign in to follow this  

Killer deal on tech 10s

I just wanted to pass along a deal I saw today on rmatv.  399 shipped for tech 10's closeout.  I just bought jets and boyesen pump cover and got the 10% off the next order deal.  Had I been a little smarter I would have spent just barely 100 on the first order and loaded up the second order and saved a few bucks but I didn't see the boots until after I submitted the first order.  Oh well still a ridiculous deal overall and wanted to pass it on! 

I regretted my crossfires for 5 months destroyed my ankle in them due to.a design fault. Im positive i wouldn't have broken and dislocated my ankle in tech 10s. The lateral support is lacking in crossfires.

I like my Tech 10's. I wouldn't wear anything else.

• Like 1

Don't buy Tech 10's without trying them on first. They are painful for some people.

I can't wear them, the top strap on the bootie puts a pressure point on my shin, the ankle braces on the bootie dig into my ankle, and I found the bootie really fits tight and crams my toes but there is still lots of room in the actual toebox of the boot itself (this is after sizing up one).

Not saying they are bad or shouldn't buy them, just that they have a very unique fit. I much prefer Tech 8s.

• Like 1

My tech10s were tight at first and annoyed me, but after a few hours they broke in and are now, by far, the most comfortable boot i've ever ridden in. Mainly the ankle supports were digging in at first

Yeah its a crazy good deal! I got mine for 360 with the discount, and they just sent me 50$ customer cash, rmatv is insanely awesome

• Like 1

My tech10s were tight at first and annoyed me, but after a few hours they broke in and are now, by far, the most comfortable boot i've ever ridden in. Mainly the ankle supports were digging in at first

Surprised to hear that, the ankle supports are solid plastic so I don't understand how they would break in.

Alpine stars are worth about $99 mainly because they look pretty cool compared to the other $99 boots

Let's just remember every person on here has completely different feet. Some boots may be comfy for others and horrible for you. Instead of saying they are junk just remember not everyone is the same. Thanks for sharing this deal though.

Just a little note, I have found my 661's to be very comfy and fit my narrow feet quite well. I've tried tech 8's on and hated the feel and fit. Just sayin..... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Alpine stars are worth about $99 mainly because they look pretty cool compared to the other $99 boots

:rolleyes:

Suppose that is why they are one of the most popular boots produced in the amateur and pro ranks... :lol:

Edited by BDubb106

Let's just remember every person on here has completely different feet. Some boots may be comfy for others and horrible for you. Instead of saying they are junk just remember not everyone is the same. Thanks for sharing this deal though.

Just a little note, I have found my 661's to be very comfy and fit my narrow feet quite well. I've tried tech 8's on and hated the feel and fit. Just sayin..... :rolleyes:

Exactly... just a pet peeve of mine which is the only reason I responded. I cannot stand when someone says something like that with no reasoning behind it. I paid $600 for a pair of SIDI's crossfire 2 SRS's and they hurt the hell out of my feet, I have wide feet. I know better than to say they are junk boots though! They are some of the best and highest quality on the market. Just not for me that is all.

Edited by BDubb106

I say that because i had two pair disentigrate on me. Souls are made of pencil eraser rubber or somethin. And the buckles weren't much better. Sorry, thats just my experience. Alpinestars, if your listening, please send me a free pair and change my mind. :lol:

• Like 1

Were they tech 10's? If they were 7's or even 3's they are not even comparable. The 8's are not bad but still not the quality of the 10's. There is a reason they are so much cheaper.

I probably have over 150hrs on my tech 10s and the soles are just now getting to the pooint that they need replaced. $40 bucks and I will have a brand new pair of boots again. Only broken in this time.

Have a pair of 7's that I use for practices and only got about 30 hours out of the soles before they had holes in them. Bought a used pair of tech 10's for practice and have about 150 hours on those too + whatever the PO put on them.

Unless you are a super fast rider and move around on the bike A LOT I can't see anyone wearing through a pair of tech 10 soles in less than a season. Im a B rider and def haven't come close.

Edited by BDubb106

Were they tech 10's? If they were 7's or even 3's they are not even comparable. The 8's are not bad but still not the quality of the 10's. There is a reason they are so much cheaper.

I probably have over 150hrs on my tech 10s and the soles are just now getting to the pooint that they need replaced. $40 bucks and I will have a brand new pair of boots again. Only broken in this time.

Have a pair of 7's that I use for practices and only got about 30 hours out of the soles before they had holes in them. Bought a used pair of tech 10's for practice and have about 150 hours on those too + whatever the PO put on them.

Unless you are a super fast rider and move around on the bike A LOT I can't see anyone wearing through a pair of tech 10 soles in less than a season. Im a B rider and def haven't come close.

Ok, i havent tried the10's. I had a pair of 7 that lasted about 30 hours and a pair of 8s that may have lasted a little longer. That just isnt near long enough for the price they are.

Ok, i havent tried the10's. I had a pair of 7 that lasted about 30 hours and a pair of 8s that may have lasted a little longer. That just isnt near long enough for the price they are.

Fair enough... Very similar to my results then. Like I said, I just hate when people bash a brand without giving a reason. Esp one like A stars that is as popular as they are. I have never had success with a "cheaper" boot other than the Gaerne SG10's which are not exactly cheap, but they held up great... but not what I consider to be a top of the line boot . The "cheaper" boots break down way too fast for anyone semi aggressive!