Sign in to follow this  

2013 CRF 450R Bike Build

About 5 months I bought a 2013 CRF450 and had put about 15 hours on it. Just after that it was stolen from Glen Helen Raceway... Fortunately i was able to track the bike down and get it back 3 months later... The guy had destroyed the bike with spray paint and just pure negligence. The bike left with 15 hours and came back with 120 hours! So now I am completely rebuilding every piece of the bike, I figured i would do a bike build post because i enjoy other peoples bike builds quite a bit... Any feedback is welcome! 

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

I have some wonderful sponsors that have sent me some parts already...

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

And theres the Engine

IMG_1788.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that, at least you got it back, how did you track it down?

Good luck with the build, keep us posted.

We hung out in the town around Glen Helen (Devore) and started asking people questions... we ended up with the guys name and address as well as his daily routine on my bike... Our friend saw the bike at the gas station and ran up and cut the throttle cables... the guy took off running and we got our bike back :D thank you!

• Like 1

We hung out in the town around Glen Helen (Devore) and started asking people questions... we ended up with the guys name and address as well as his daily routine on my bike... Our friend saw the bike at the gas station and ran up and cut the throttle cables... the guy took off running and we got our bike back :D thank you!

I woulda cut that guy too!!! and holy crap my 2012 250 has seen just a little over 70 hours within the 2 years ive had it! That guy did some serious riding.

Damn man that sucks, how do you rack up that many hours? glad to see you got it back!

Nice little engine stand. A pocket port, stage 2 cam, 13.5:1 piston and a remap is what Id do. But I have a "condtion" that prevents me from putting anything back together stock.  :lol:

Cleaned up the frame and started putting together the chasis, My mechanic does a great a job and is an awesome guy... Does all my work in his spare time while working 45 hours a week... I am blessed to have him!

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

what did you use to clean the frame ?

I used a red scotch brite pad, some wd-40 for the bigger stuff, aluma-brite the entire frame, and than my neighbor went ahead and sanded it down with a very fine sand paper for that rough dull look.

This is a great story mate, happy you found the bike, sorry the rebuild is coming out of your pocket due to a thieving Scum bag.

Good luck, keep the pics coming, looks awesome so far.

• Like 1

The tires look like the guy that stole it was using it for a commuter bike to and from work or something. And to put that many hours on it. He must have put a set or two of tires on it himself, unless he was grabbing the toss offs that are always in the garbage can at Glen Helen...

The tires look like the guy that stole it was using it for a commuter bike to and from work or something. And to put that many hours on it. He must have put a set or two of tires on it himself, unless he was grabbing the toss offs that are always in the garbage can at Glen Helen...

Thats exactly what this guy was doing! A transportation bike! He changed out the back tire once and completely destroyed my axle doing it!

Got the motor torn down and getting parts today, gonna get my wheels done as well pretty soon... Chasis is pretty much complete

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

Took apart the fuel pump and cleaned it all out

IMG_1814.jpg

I also got to ride sunday! haven't ridden in months, felt so awesome!

IMG_1820.jpg

• Like 1

Ya no kidding. Ive never seen one like that before. Pretty simple. I think I'll make one. 

Is that a manufactured stand? Who made it?

If i remember right, my mechanic and his dad built it... They are pretty awesome people!

How did he steal the bike from you? I am always a little paranoid when signing up for a race that someone is going to load up my bike and beat feet out the gate with it. What do you do now to prevent someone from stealing your bike while at the track?