steel or aluminum sprockets

Do the steel rear sprockets last longer than aluminum??

Yes. Steel is harder than aluminum and therefore wears much longer!

Ironman sprockets are the best!

http://dirttricks.com/

Ironman Rear Sprockets are made of heat treated, nickel/chrome plated, chrome-molly steel that is 2.5 times stronger than stainless steel.home_product_1.jpg

I run the dual material sprocket. Aluminum carrier with steel teeth. Benefits of both materials

Ironman is the only way too go! Supersprox are junk....

Put a supersprox on my 450 and it has about 40 hours on it now with no signs of any wear. All of those hours are in the desert where the sand significantly reduces drive train life. They are a solid product from my experience.

I race on whatever Aluminum sproket Rocky Mountain sell the cheapest change it every 6 hours along with new oring chain

I race on whatever Aluminum sproket Rocky Mountain sell the cheapest change it every 6 hours along with new oring chain

Wow you must get parts from a sponsor, or have deep pockets . . . and you Definitely ride your bike hard!!!

I've never worn out an Al sprocket that fast.

I use Ironman on 200, and 450F. Probably will never have to replace them, they just don't wear.:-)

Like tires I change every six hours chains and sprokets to me are not worth risking a DNF over. 

Ironman sprockets are the best!

http://dirttricks.com/

Ironman Rear Sprockets are made of heat treated, nickel/chrome plated, chrome-molly steel that is 2.5 times stronger than stainless steel.Posted Image

sounds heavy as funk

my supersprox on my 450 is also steel. I have also have 40 hrs on this sprocket and it doesn't even look used. I checked it this passed Saturday.

sounds heavy as funk

look at all the metal they remove compared to a normal steel sprocket     the only real downside is they cost 2- 3x as much  as a normal steel sprocket

$T2eC16dHJGYE9noojimlBQwS000g6w~~60_35.J

my supersprox on my 450 is also steel. I have also have 40 hrs on this sprocket and it doesn't even look used. I checked it this passed Saturday.

Yes, but for the price you paid, you could have just bought a steel sprocket. What im saying is there is no longevity benefits of the Supersprox over a steel sprocket, just weight savings. For that amount of money you could have bought and Ironman Sprocket and will get nearly 3x the wear outta it.....

found this  wish it had the renthal /supersprox style  2 piece  but for what I do the JT fits the bill

compare_rears_3.jpg

Edited by Zimman

Yes, but for the price you paid, you could have just bought a steel sprocket. What im saying is there is no longevity benefits of the Supersprox over a steel sprocket, just weight savings. For that amount of money you could have bought and Ironman Sprocket and will get nearly 3x the wear outta it.....

I only paid $35 bucks for my steel supersprox at local shop. It's a great price

oh well. It's all good. Let's get back on topic for this dude

I have 8 YEARS on my Ironman rear sprocket that is on my 06' 250sx. I am on my second Ironman front sprocket. I ride and race mostly on a sand track. I do a little trail riding but mostly just MX. There is still no visible wear on my rear sprocket!

The Ironman sprocket may cost more but it will be the last sprocket you buy for your bike.

I have had 3 years so far on the Ironman sprocket that is on my 11' 150sx.

Ironman steel sprocket here with O ring chain, i ride my bikes hard and have yet to have any issues. Steel sprockets and a high qaulity o-ring chain are the way to go. To the guy whos changing an o-ring chain every six hours, youre either lying, wealthy, stupid, or all of the above unless of course youre using a flea-bay special colored o-ring chain.

found this  wish it had the renthal /supersprox style  2 piece  but for what I do the JT fits the bill

compare_rears_3.jpg

That middle sproket is a busted hub maker

no comprende ???